Everyone is piling on the alleged grown-up in the room, the Fourth Reich’s Chief of Staff and real He-Man, Gen. John Kelly.
Kelly has defended (alleged) serial wife-and-girlfriend beater Rob Porter. Until today.
After criticism all over the media, Kelly recanted and said: “I was shocked by the new allegations released today against Rob Porter. There is no place for domestic violence in our society.”
The Rob Porter crisis has become a John Kelly crisis, and it has now totally engulfed the West Wing, Axios’ Jonathan Swan reports:
- White House staff — especially Porter’s close friendship circle — are shell-shocked by the allegations of domestic abuse by the departing Staff Secretary.
- President Trump is enraged about the situation, though he still feels that it hasn’t touched him.
- The bottom line: Trump’s affection for his chief of staff is gone, and Kelly has lost the goodwill of much of his staff.
- If you read only 1 sentence: The president is mulling potential replacements, though aides doubt he has it in him to actually fire the retired general.
- Where it stands: Kelly still has not adequately answered when he became aware of the horrific allegations against Porter. Nor have the other senior officials who should have had visibility.
The official lie, er, line is that Kelly was not aware of anything wrong, which seems like a line of BS for a guy who claims to be hyper aware of everything all the time. As Axios says,
- Both of Porter’s ex-wives told the FBI about their claims.
- There was a police report.
- There was a restraining order.
- There are photos.
- All of this was part of his background checks which never passed muster.
So why is it that all the media is focused on Porter and not on the biggest serial groper in the White House? It is because Comrade Stupid wasn’t violent enough when he was grabbing them by the P***Y?
It seems to call into sharp relief that there are consequences for some people, but not for everyone.