‘Sound Mind and Body’ — UPDATED

(Credit: @MemphisJohnny1)

NYTimes headline we never thought we’d see: After Exam, President Is Found To Be of Sound Mind and Body.

No, really.

We do live in weird times.

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump, hoping to rebut questions about his mental fitness, requested the White House physician perform a cognitive exam during his yearly exam last week.

The President, 71, received a perfect score, the doctor said Tuesday during an extraordinary hour-long questioning session at the White House. And despite high cholesterol and borderline obesity, he declared Trump is in “excellent” health.

“I’ve got to know him pretty well. And I had absolutely no concerns about his cognitive ability or his, you know, his neurological function,” Dr. Ronny Jackson told reporters from the briefing room. He said he hadn’t initially planned to administer the screening for neurological impairments, but did so at Trump’s asking.

“I’ve found no reason whatsoever to think the President has any issues whatsoever with his thought processes,” Jackson said later.

Jackson administered the Montreal Cognitive Assessment  (“The MoCA test is a one-page 30-point test administered in approximately 10 minutes.”) and stable genius Comrade Stupid passed with a perfect 30/30 score. CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta, however, is throwing some shade:

Almost everywhere I go, including the hospital where I practice, nearly everyone wants to weigh in about the mental health of Trump, and perhaps because I am a neuroscientist and medical reporter, I have become a repository of these opinions (though I will tell you the mind is a much more difficult thing to probe than the brain)…

A neuropsychiatric evaluation is much more thorough: up to eight hours, with many cognitive-based questions. The goal is to investigate any changes in the brain that might impact behavior. It can also help identify the early stages of dementia and make clear if a patient is able to conduct the normal activities of daily living.

And although a brain scan, such as a CT or an MRI, would not be able to diagnose a mental illness, it would probably uncover an organic problem such as a tumor, hydrocephalus or types of dementia including vascular or frontotemporal dementia, which in certain locations can greatly impact the behavior, memory and judgment of a patient…

The question I am typically trying to answer: Can the patient make an informed decision about having surgery? The question [Dr. Bandy X. Lee, a Yale psychiatrist, who briefed mostly Democratic members of Congress in early December] is hoping to answer: Can the president make informed decisions about the welfare of the population?

At no other time in US history has a group of mental health professionals been so collectively concerned about a sitting president’s dangerousness, according to Lee.

What I think Gupta is getting at is that a 10-minute test will not prove one way or the other that Comrade Stupid’s cheese has slipped off his cracker. But that’s all we’re gonna get and the press will probably drop the matter, and ultimately this will now become a Conspiracy Theory of the Left (according to the Right).

UPDATE 1: Comrade Stupid has heart disease

Impossible! Comrade Stupid has no heart.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to ‘Sound Mind and Body’ — UPDATED

1. Retiredeng says:

I’m no expert but from my point of view he’s nuttier than squirrel shit.

2. Steve-O says:

Show me the Girth Certificate.

3. John Waldron says:

Yes the MOCA is a screening test not an assessment of mental or cognitive abilities. There is no pass just a score to indicate the possibility of dementia and hence the need for actual detail assessment and neurological workup. Generally a score of less than 26 is a indicator for further assessment to determine if the person might have dementia. A higher score only means that the MOCA does not indicate the need for further assessment for dementia because it is a screen. As such one can have dementia and still score high on the MOCA because although quite reliable it does produce false positives. The

4. I don’t think most of us had any questions about whether Trump could tell time or pick an elephant out of a line-up, but whether he’s too pathological to be self-aware. But it boosts my dislike of the man to know he could think, but prefers not to.

5. Marco says:

And the doctor said Herr Drumpfenfuhrer weighs 239lbs. Try 400lbs.

6. Panama Limited says:

Makes you wonder if the doctor is a Christian too and goes to church?

7. So if he’s not cognitively deficient, either he’s trolling everyone with his tweets or he is simply a fucking idiot. Neither is a good thing for a PTA president, let alone POTUS.

And he’s 235 pounds like I am the Emperor of the World. I know what 235 pounds looks like on someone that size (because it was me) and no way, even at my heaviest, did I look like that tub of lard.

• Osirisopto says:

“he is simply a fucking idiot.”

DING! DING! DING! DING “We have winner. Tell him what’s he’s won, Bink.”

8. Buttemilk Sky says:

Dr. Jackson is in the Navy. He follows orders or he faces a court martial. And he wasn’t under oath when he “briefed” the press. Trump grew an inch in the past year, has magical genes, and is in perfect health aside from the cholesterol, hypertension and propecia side-effects. Now shut up.

• Panama Limited says:

He probably told the doctor how much he is in love with his “button” and how he always tries to use it at least several times a day for enjoyment.

• Bruce388 says:

Fat guys in their 70s often grow multiple inches. However, they’re usually around the waist.

9. Osirisopto says:

“during an extraordinary hour-long questioning session at the White House.”

I hope Melania used her knee pads.

Yeah, and I have no reason whatsoever to question your thought processes evaluation whatsoever. Did I mention I had no reason whatsoever? Alrighty then.

11. Sirius Lunacy says:

I find it interesting that he has grown just tall enough and lost just enough weight so as not to be considered obese. It is almost as striking a coincidence as the fact that the number of illegal aliens that snuck into the country to vote for Hillary is the exact same number that Trump lost the popular vote by. As for MoCa, Might of Cheated Abit.