Claim Chowder is Served

So much winning!

Anyway, this AP story supports our premise about the incoming ballistic missiles: there is no Plan B. Hell, there is no Plan A.

The blunder that caused more than a million people in Hawaii to fear that they were about to be struck by a nuclear missile fed skepticism Sunday about the government’s ability to keep them informed in a real emergency.

But I think we also found the razor blade in the apple, and I’m gonna call it the shitgibbon who cried wolf:

“My confidence in our so-called leaders’ ability to disseminate this vital information has certainly been tarnished,” said Patrick Day, who sprang from bed when the alert was issued Saturday morning. “I would have to think twice before acting on any future advisory.”

It’s the incompetence of Katrina, but without a body count.

And yes, I know that the problem was someone at the state who accidentally hit the alarm button. But the incompetence ran all the way up the chain to the White House. While Hair Führer is rattling his sabre at Little Rocket Man, they have nothing to offer us if we get sucker-punched, not even comforting words. Remember, no Plan B.

Chimpy’s Reign of Error took away a lot of our civil liberties—under the guise of saving us from terrorism—that we have never gotten back; we live in a surveillance state now.

Imagine what the Fourth Reich could/would do if we actually were attacked?

This entry was posted in Claim Chowder. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Claim Chowder is Served

1. w3ski4me says:

I have heard the comment “you can’t blame tRump, since he didn’t send the warning”. I call BS to that. We would not be in this state of Fear if that nitwit hadn’t pissed off North Korea. I was alive in the “hide under your school desk” days, and we had left that kind of daily fear routine out of our lives since, by having responsible people in government so we don’t get there again. Now with one F’d up election we are back to daily fear of annihilation? Damn.
    w3ski

• MDavis says:

It isn’t just one f’d up election. We have been getting leaders who keep driving the bus into the ditch regularly since AM radio went off the rails. Before, really, but that start to right-wing propaganda really started the snowball rolling.

2. Ten Bears says:

If we are attacked there will be a lot of Republicans hanging around, with their guts on the ground and clothes on fire. If there is War, the Reich will burn.

Ten Bears –

I love that description (“hanging around with guts on the ground and clothes on fire.”) I read it over at your place and it has stayed with me. Better than the older-than-GoT ‘head on a pike,’ which in my lack of imagination I’ve used.

• purplehead says:

TG, you left off the first part: “…hanging from a tree with your fat guts on the ground and your clothes on fire.”

I agree, Ten Bear has the perfect image for what’s to be done to these goddamned fuckers. After what they have been doing to us. And what they want to do to us.

• Ten Bears says:

Suck’s it’s come to this.

3. Buttemilk Sky says:

Californians died last week as a result of “evacuation fatigue” — told to get out of the way of fire, they decided they could ride out “a little mud.” How many Hawaiians will ignore the next warning? And incidentally, where are they supposed to go? We heard of people hiding in closets and covering kids with blankets. Are there Cold-War-style shelters? This administration is too inept to protect anyone but Metamucilini and his spawn.

Those pictures of Hawaiian parents lowering their children into manholes (yes into the sewers and storm drains) to save them (and presumable kissing them good bye?) really tore me apart. I imagine there will be an uptick in people seeking therapy in about a decade.

4. Ten Bears says:

Suck’s it’s come to this.