Popcorn, anyone?

Little Kremlin-on-the-Potomac

The Russian Usurper thinks that sitting for an interview with special counsel Robert Mueller is up to his own whims, and so he refused to say whether he would sit for an interview, you know, if Mueller politely asked him to have a cheese sandwich with him. Comrade Stupid doesn’t understand that his choices will be:

A) Have a voluntary interview with Mueller in the White House with his shysters lawyers present or 2) be subpoenaed and forced to testify under oath in front a grand jury with the FBI present but not his lawyers. And given that he lies six times per day, that could prove to be problematical for the would-be Davos party animal.

As we all know from the years that Kenn Star chased Bill Clinton’s peen around DC, lying to a grand jury doesn’t work out. I’m really hoping option #2 comes to pass.

But if the Russian Usurper goes with option A, does he really think he can bluster and bullshit a prosecutor like Mueller?

Either way, I predict we’re gonna need more popcorn.

UPDATE 1: Imma still looking for the quote wherein the Russian Usurper said he would be willing to talk to Mueller (before he said he wouldn’t):

Trump himself has previously indicated he would be willing to talk to Mueller. During a news conference in June, Trump said he was “100 percent” willing to testify under oath that former FBI Director James Comey lied during his testimony to Congress when he said that Trump asked him to quash an active investigation into one of his associates in February of last year, weeks after the president asked his former FBI director to pledge personal loyalty.

Think Progress, but they don’t link to the press conference itself.

This entry was posted in Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper, Little-Kremlin-on-the-Potomac. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Popcorn, anyone?

1. chuckchuck says:

This site used to not scare me, It’d actually make me giggle. My prediction is Trump will make a TV show out of it. Nothing else on the news. Just like in Banana Republics.

ChuckChuck – I’m afraid I’m losing my sense of humor because the daily outrage is wearing me down.

Thanks for saying that; I’ll endeavor to return to form.

• purplehead says:

Honestly, I do know know how you and all the other supreme lefty bloggers can read and comment on this shit, day in and day out without running away with flailing arms and dribbling brains. I suppose the M.O. of the fascist party is to wear people down so thoroughly that reserves of outrage just melt into the vile black hole they are digging. I wish that we could help out, TG, because sometimes I feel we are sucking the life out you by consuming your crucial, snarky daily output without doing much in return to keep your spirits up. Maybe you need to take a day of rest every week? Oh, no! but that’s the day something something something!! What a horrible vicious trap.

So I sit here, looking out the window at the heavy snow falling, trying to make light of urges to murder…

• purplehead says:

…I do NOT know…etc

sheesh

• Ali Redford says:

It’s always great to come here and read. There are some things happening that are of great concern, but your treatment of all of this really helps. I don’t know how you do it, either, but I’m dang glad you do!

• chuckchuck says:

All good, keep it up! I really look forward to your posts. More me than you.

2. Only if he doesn’t ‘You’re fireded’ the KKKeebler Elf, then install Scott Pruitt at the DOJ to ‘You’re fireded” Mueller, and the lickspittles controlling the Senate and House do nothing.

IF we take back the House and Senate, the Dim’s will probably ‘more in sorrow than anger’ decide that ‘for the good of the country, inpeach is off the table’. Hell they let Shrub get away with war crimes, what’s letting trump get away with treason? Mustn’t divide the country and we need to reach out to the economically disadvantaged trump base. So what if that base literally wants to murder us for existing? We must coddle them!

Then we’re screwed and I don’t see any way of making them pay attention except to start burning shit down.

I’m not optimistic here. roughly 50% of the voters in this country are nihilist bigoted shitheels who will submit to anything so long as the people they hate are getting beat down harder.

• Spocko says:

Great comment. I hate that to say that I agree with it. The “more in sorrow than anger’ decide that ‘for the good of the country, inpeach is off the table’. is exactly what they will do. Especially if the people who supported Trump have left the building via lobbying jobs.

Not a lot of thirst for Nazi hunters in the party.

• ming says:

This is why my seething anger is clearly focused on the house and senate. Trump may be the symptom of immediate concern, but the disease is congress.

3. Condi says:

I KNOW the president* was caught on tape at a press conference in the last year saying he’d be happy to sit down with Mueller, any time, any place, he had nothing to hide. But for the life of me I can’t find it…

4. The fun thing about a) is, even if his lawyers are around, his lawyers are not the best people. In addition to having a fool for a client.

5. RobGinChicago says:

I don’t think that Trump surrenders his right to remain silent (he would still be required to appear to invoke that right) unless granted immunity (which won’t happen.) As bad as the optics may be of Trump repeatedly, on advice of counsel, invoking his right to remain silent under the 5th Amendment (which may need to be read to him by his lawyers, if they can hold his attention long enough. You know, it’s the one that comes after the 4th Amendment, where he left off last time he was instructed on the Constitution) the consequences of Trump actually submitting to questioning where he will inevitably lie would be much worse.

6. moeman says:

tRUmp has said very recently that its (all) a performance. Mueller simply has to give tRUmp’s WH the OK to make a show of it, in public, no holds barred and the episode can finish with Mueller saying ‘you’re fired!’. Bonus, the media will make lots of money off of it and tRUmp can take credit for that, too.

7. teele says:

Do you remember when Shrubya had to go into a hearing during the Enron scandal, and he only agreed to go if Dick Cheney could go in with him and hold his hand? Maybe Kelly can re-animate the corpse of Big Dick to accompany 2Scoops to his Mueller meetup.

8. Buttemilk Sky says:

That “one hundred percent” reminded me of O.J. pleading “one thousand percent not guilty.” I don’t know why.