2017: Thanks for the Memory

From ‘American Carnage’ first
Nothing could be worse
And chuckles
When Comrade Stupid tweeted
That  nutty ‘covfefe’ verse

How lovely it was

Thanks, Scissorheads, for the memories of 2017. It may seem like an elegiac way to end 2017, but it has been that kind of year.  We found the funny in funny places; we laughed because crying is too easy. Scissorheads are many things, but mostly a “tough room, tough room” as Rodney Dangerfield used to say.

We’re no one’s fools.

But here’s the good news: we made it through this rotten year, together, and with luck on our side (and an ace up our sleeves), we’ll make it through 2018. Hopefully the Fourth Reich will not. As I noted earlier today:

MAGA=Mueller Ain’t Going Away

I want to give a special shout-out to all the co-conspirators, but none more so that to Osirisopto. While I think MPS has always had a soul, Osirisopto proved to us that we have a heart. The nearly daily and certain weekly Activism posts were exceptional, and much needed. He herded all of us hep cats and kittens from passive spitballers to phone-crazed, marching activists. It was not easy and I cannot thank him enough. Thank you, O, for that memory.

GRS keep us knee-deep in tunes, and sometimes just having an ear worm to drown out the wails of the damned is exactly what is needed. I’m hoping that in 2018 GRS will continue to score our playlists as we fight the pontificating poltroons.

And we all need to tip our hats to Katie Schwartz, who showed us all how to fight for our rights, and still be funny doing it. There is no finer, tougher broad than our Schwartzie.

2018 is going to be a challenging year, and there is much work to be done. So let’s look back on 2017, be glad it is gone, but also be glad we have such good comrades in arms. How lovely it was!

Have fun tonight, and well-earned coffee tomorrow. The struggle continues.

This entry was posted in The Small Print. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 2017: Thanks for the Memory

1. purplehead says:

TG, you have to be one of the hardest-working bloggers in the Blogiverse. I don’t know how you keep the supreme snark coming, day after day, while working a real job, too. Yikes. But, and I am sure I speak for all Scissorheads: We love what you do, how you do it, keeping a sane and hilarious spot to come to everydogdamnedday, with ever fresh mockery and fervor to soften the horrible Drumpthgeist. And thank you, hoping for a better year. It’s gotta be, right?

2. another kiwi says:

Yo, purplehead is spot on. Hat off to you TG and all of the MPS writers.

3. Ali Redford says:

I second the above comments. Thank you all at MPS!

4. Karla says:

Thanks to all the scissorheads for helping me laugh when I just wanted to curl up in a ball and scream.

5. Osirisopto says:

One for all, and all for one. We’re in this together.

Thanks, TG.
    Thanks Scissorheads

In the immortal words of the master “Say good night, Gracie”

6. Bruce388 says:

We made it through an abysmal year, thanks in no small part to MockPaperScissors. Here’s to a better 2018 as we watch the GOP thrash around in the tar pits.

7. paul fredine says:

always the first stop of every day. thanks for the chuckles, the reminders, even the WTFs we’ve all endured. not going to say ‘happy new year’, only going to hope we have a better year than the one we’ve all had to go through together. stay strong.

8. vonBeavis says:

I wouldn’t know where else to go for the latest in political news with baby goats – Radical!. Thankfully, TG also moonlights at the other place I read daily. Plus, I learn writing, editing, kerning and other tips I use in my day job. Thanks, Tengrain. HNY.

9. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Thanks for your constant support, and your constant challenge for us to be better people.

10. Redhand says:

I consider myself a regular here now and thank you for all your hard work helping to keep us informed, These are depressing times, and it’s great to see them with a dash of your humor. If I didn’t laugh, I’d cry.