Midday Palate Cleanser

They claim that these are signs that your cat loves you, but to me they look like 10 signs your cat is trying to assess if they can eat you. And the answer is, yes.

Be vigilant.

This is your cat PSA for today.

This entry was posted in cats, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. Feline Mama says:

My Feline gives me 9 out of 10. I’m not complaining.

2. Karla says:

Those rabbit kicks and love bites hurt. Not my favorite show of affection.

3. E.A. Blair says:

My older cat, Isa, does all of this. She had already been declawed when I adopted her, so the rabbit kicks don’t hurt. When she sleeps with me, she insists of full body contact, and sshe even lets me use her as a pillow. I have automated my cat care, a legacy of a period when I had a series of surgeries on my left are, and spent the better part of three years wearing casts. I have a self-scooping litter box, a cat fountain that holds a week’s worth of water and a feeder that holds about a month’s supply of food. So when my cats come around me, it’s probably not because they are hungry, thirsty or want the box scooped, so it must mean that they have some affection for me.

The ethologist Karl Leyhausen, author of the book Cat Behavior, claimed in that book, based on years of observation of domestic, feral and wild cats, that the actual meaning of the purr amounts to “I am not a threat”. This explains why cats purr when they are injured or otherwise in distress as well as when they appear to be content or are tending their kittens.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I get more of a ‘make with the kibble and nobody gets hurt’ vibe than an ‘I love you’ vibe.

I kid!

5. Puppzors also deserve watching:

6. CalicoJack says:

Howdy Ten!

Science fact: cats don’t love you. But, it doesn’t matter since the human brain is easily fooled! Cats do things that people interpret as affection, and that is good enough.

Actual mileage may vary.

Huzzah!
    Jack

7. John Mruzik says:

The difference between cat and dog: Two 80+ ladies live at home with pets. One has five dogs. The other has 5 cats. Both keel over dear, five days late their bodies are discovered. he lady with the dog home has five thirsty and hungry dog. The lady with the car find five thirsty cats and the lady was eaten,

• Bruce388 says:

There was a story in New Jersey about a woman who died and wasn’t discovered for about a week. Her dog wasn’t hungry.

8. John Mruzik says:

Sorry for the typos, I am just a drunk country doctor.

then you’ll fit in well with the rest of us.

Google “Alfred E. Packard” and “Colorado” — it is essentially the same story.

Tengrain