Marco ‘Big Gulp’ Rubio, the Cold Warrior for a New Generation, and beloved grandson figure of Wingnuts over the age of 65 and under the age of death, suddenly has found some vestigial remnant of his spine:
“Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) threatened to vote against [the tax bill] unless it further expands a child tax credit to millions of working families.”
Let’s recap, shall we?
- Sen. Bob Corker (R Free-Agent) is a definite HELL NO.
- Sen. Susan Collins allegedly is still pissed at the elimination of the ACA’s Individual Mandate. She voted for the Senate bill when amply be-chinned Mitch bribed her that he would let Lamar Alexander-Patty Murray legislation for shoring up the ACA have a vote. She got played for a sucka.
- Rubio actually means what he says (hahahaha).
- UPDATE Rubio’s mini-me, Mike Lee, is alleged to be following Li’l Marco.
- Grandpa Walnuts is in the hospital.
- Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) is not well.
- Senator-elect Doug Jones could be seated and Luther Strange un-seated (is too a verb!)
If any combo of three of these things happen, then the bill dies. Even if Walnuts and/or Cochran cannot vote, it counts as a NO, and Mike Pence cannot walk into the Senate and make the termites salivate as he casts a tie-breaking vote.