Seek High Ground

Keep high and dry, Floridians. We’re rooting for you.

(I know it is not the same thing, but when I was a kid on a Pacific island one year, we had drills for when the tidal waves would hit. You cannot outrun a Tsunami, we were told, but you can out-climb one. We learned how to shimmy up palm trees using our shirts as a wrap-around, like the people who climb up telephone poles. It works! I don’t think you can out-run a hurricane, but after it hits get up high before the water surges. Find the most intact building and get going.)

There isn’t a lot more to be said, the coverage is wall-to-wall. I keep wondering if all these back-to-back hurricanes might be the wake-up call that the country needs to take climate change seriously. All these Republican states with Republican governors are getting an object-lesson right between the eyes.

Even when his state is set to be blown off the map, Gov. Rick Scott continues to not allow his administration to use the double C words.

“[Preznint Stupid] said he would be praying for us.” Gov. Rick Scott

Gov. Scott has an amoral compass. We suggest to Gov. Scott that he should seek higher ground, too.

This entry was posted in Crazeee States, Florida, global climate change. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Seek High Ground

It must be comforting whilst drowning to know that the Adulterer in Chief is praying for you. No wait!!!

2. Noted scion of Count Orlok, Rick Scott, wouldn’t know moral high ground if he tripped over it. Truly a waste of hemoglobin.

3. HarpoSnarx says:

As far as the “prayers” go, we ALL know Gawd isn’t taking any calls from Americans anymore.
    Sorry I don’t share that wee bit of optimism that climate change will be taken seriously especially after the report asking dumb fuck Floridians NOT to SHOOT at the hurricane.

4. w3ski4me says:

I was thinking, haha, yea big joke there, OK. You know, what “if” as the Christianista’s say “all this damage is in retribution for our decisions” but this time it’s for “electing such an abomination as ‘the Cheetolini”?
    If our God is a vengeful one, I could kinda see this being our due.
    Just a sayin
    w3ski

5. jimbo57 says:

I would advise the good Governor to grow a set of gills…

6. grs says:

Who is going to help me unload this truckload of prayers? I’ve seen prayers before and I think FEMA got ripped off on this shipment.

7. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

We suggest to Gov. Scott that he should seek higher ground, too.

That’s easy to do when you live on Snake Mountain.

8. Karla says:

Unfortunately, there isn’t much “higher ground on the Florida peninsula. I’m currently enjoying a single malt scotch by candlelight, because I have no power and the worst is supposed to hit orlando around 2am.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s