Now Read This

This is the best, most righteous rant from Houston I’ve read yet:
Unhinged Rant about Harvey

Fuck you, AP.  I’ve seen three different websites now start the story about Trump coming to Houston with the idea Trump has “returned” to Houston, and I know that stupid mistake started with you.  It wasn’t a week ago everyone was complaining how Trump had never tried to visit Houston, and now he’s visited twice?  Because why, it’s all Texas and who gives a shit anyway?

And fuck you, Mr. President, for insisting the “recovery” is well underway. You were in a football stadium turned into a shelter for 10,000 people, handing them hot dogs because they cannot cook for themselves or feed themselves a hot meal, and you call that “recovery”?  What kind of amoral blind stupid idiot are you?  There are parts of town where “recovery” means they’ve started stripping out the sheetrock and the wood floors and the carpet and padding, and piling ruined furniture and major appliances on the street.  It may take the city weeks just to pick up the trash.  There are parts of town still underwater, and likely to be underwater for 6 more weeks at least.  “Recovery” for them will begin when the bulldozers clear off, leaving scraped ground behind.  There are people from apartments who won’t return to them because they will be uninhabitable, and the fight over who owes money on the lease will begin in earnest and drag on for years.  And where will they live in the meantime?  FEMA trailers that aren’t here yet?…

And the author is wrong: this is not unhinged, not eve slightly. There are about 800 more words of pure insight and fury, and it will get your blood pumping. Go read it. Now.

This needs to get out, go viral, and be read everywhere because here’s the thing: today it is Houston, tomorrow it will somewhere else, maybe wherever you live. We’ve screwed the planet, and Mother Nature has come calling for her pound of flesh.

Make this happen: link the shit out of this. Do it.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Now Read This

1. Jim says:

Irma’s next. It may get dissipated if it slams directly into Cuba or Hispaniola but right now it could easily hit FL or the Carolinas as Cat. 4 or even 5. Climate change doesn’t cause major weather events; it is a force multiplier, as the military calls it. It has warmed the water significantly over normal allowing storms to become monsters. Walking away from the Paris Treaty just means Trump Administration is screwing the country big time but as a 71 yr. old narcissist psychopath he could care less about the impacts even for his own grandchild.

2. Sirius Lunacy says:

Yes, Irma is currently looking like it is coming way too close to my street. Trying to figure out how to get my 93 year old mother up to my sister’s. I might be writing my own Unhinged Rant About Irma by this time next week.

And thus began the great exodus from Houston.

i know that a large percentage of Katrina refugees never returned (including many who stayed in Houston, the poor bastards), so I wouldn’t be surprised if you nailed the start of another great migration, roket.

4. Sirius Lunacy says:

Well, Florida will eventually succumb to the rising sea level so if Irma hits my house hard I am most likely to move on to higher ground.

Sirius Lunacy –

Are you getting outta Dodge? That thing looks like Katrina-level bad.

• Sirius Lunacy says:

Yes actually. I already had my vacation planned at this time. So, Thursday morning we will be going out west to do some camping at the North Rim Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia, King’s Canyon, Channel Islands and Joshua Tree National Parks before Trump plows them under. So if you don’t hear from me for a few weeks, don’t worry. I’m just out having fun. My sister was going to come down to stay with my 93 year old mother but, thanks to Irma, we had a change of plans. Spent this morning scrambling to find a ticket to send my mom up to my sisters instead. Wasn’t easy, seems like everybody wants to get out of here for some reason, but we finally worked it out.

Good work!

Be sure to say hello to the Chanel Islands for me; I have a special fondness for Saint Nic, so give it my love.

Thanks for letting us know your plans, I do worry about the Scissorheads when they go missing!

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s