Some Cream for your Covfefe?
Where to begin… remember this all happened in ONE DAY:
Hair Führer Donald Trump decided to preemptively pardon Arizonastan’s Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
Preemptively, you say?
Yes. Though Arpaio was found guilty of contempt, he was never sentenced. And at age 85 it seems unlikely that Arpaio would have been given an onerous time in the pokey. We do not know that Arpaio will ever express contrition for his criminal contempt. But we do know that it didn’t matter to Preznint Stupid what the sentence would be, lenient or otherwise. He was going to do it.
Any claim that Hair Führer Donald Trump had on opposing racism and who respects the rule of law is now gone with the desert wind. For Trump to stand-up for white supremacists and Nazis who (allegedly) killed a protester in Charlottesville, and then to pardon Arpaio leaves no doubt as to where he stands when it comes to racism and to equal treatment before the law.
(And on a side note, there is conjecture that pardoning Arpaio was a signal to Trump’s possible co-conspirators in the still-under-investigation Russian Collusion that he will pardon them, too.)
The pardon was met with a shit storm of criticism, but only from people that Preznint Stupid doesn’t care about. Like Latinos. And Hollywood elites. And oddly from both of Arizona’s Republican Senators: Grandpa Walnuts and The Flake:
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) August 26, 2017
Regarding the Arpaio pardon, I would have preferred that the President honor the judicial process and let it take its course.
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) August 26, 2017
That’s a real portrait in courage, Flake. But I digress. Anyway, the reaction from none of these people matter because Americans hate them more than they hate ol’ 40% Trump (Tengrain’s Theory of The Bear).
- The RNC had to issue a statement that condemns white supremacists, Nazis, and the KKK. RNC said, “We don’t want your vote, we don’t support you, we’ll speak out against you.” The Bear growls, I’m sure.
- Next up, ABC reports that Hair Führer Donald Trump is probably going to end the DACA program next week. 800,000 people who came to the U.S. illegally as children could be deported. So more fodder for his base. The optics of deporting 800,000 people will be shocking, by the way. I cannot see how he can do it without boxcars and camps to process them.
- We noted that Commander Bunnypants also has signed authorization to remove transpeople from the Military (technically for Sec. of Defense Mattis to do the deed. Or not.)
- And now actual Nazi Sebastian Gorka has been fired (though Gorka denies that), so it leaves only two possible Nazis in the administration (our pal Pee Wee Goerring and Hair Führer hisself), so that’s good news, amiright?
- We learned that National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, almost quit his job last week due to his boss’ support for the many fine people chanting antisemitic Nazi-era stuff at Charlottesville.
- NBC reported “Mueller issued grand jury subpoenas … seeking testimony from public relations executives [from firms including Podesta Group and Mercury LLC] who worked on an international campaign organized by Paul Manafort.”
- Oh, North Korea fired three missiles on Friday in yet another dick-measuring contest, but that got shoved off the front page with all the other crap going on.
- And all of this happened on one day, a Friday in August with a Force 4 Hurricane barreling into Texas, because climate change is a hoax by the Chinese. Oh No: undocumented people are refusing to go to shelters because they are sure that they will be deported.
None of this is normal.