Comrade Preznint Stupid plans to visit the terrible sand kingdom of Arizonastan, and Phoenix in particular for another re-election rally tomorrow, to bask in the warm glow of people who probably well-baked in the desert heat and don’t know any better.
Arizonastan officials are bracing for the worst; afterall, it is Hair Führer. According to the article, their thinking is:
- Preznint Stupid’s embracement of neo-Nazis last week
- Preznint Stupid will pardon possible white supremacist former sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Preznint Stupid tweeted support for Kelli Ward who is challenging Sen. Jeff Flake.
I think the NYTimes got it exactly wrong:
- Arizona is kinda white supremacist place, traditionally. They rescinded MLK day and restored it (allegedly) only under the duress of losing the Superbowl in Phoenix. However, Arizona IS changing.
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio was/is still popular in the state exactly because he was so anti-immigrant.
- Sen. Jeff Flake is not popular in the state (last I checked); I’m not sure if Kelli Ward is popular, but Flake is a sworn enemy of the vulgar talking yam and Kelli Ward is relentless is her snarky attacks.
So I think Hair Führer will have a large crowd (probably screened); if there is a confrontation it will happen after he leaves. Just my guess.