News That Will Drive You To Drink

Guns, God, ‘n’ more Guns!

Gundamentalists Beware:

The Second Amendment Foundation has an URGENT WARNING to gun owners plannin’ t’ travel to the godless heathen state of California: DON’T DO IT, YOU ARE TAKING YOUR LIFE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!!1!

“If you are licensed to carry in your home state,” he warned, “that license is not recognized in California. It doesn’t matter how many background checks you’ve gone through or whether you took a gun safety course. Your license is no good in the Golden State, which suggests that your safety and the safety of your family are of no concern to state lawmakers or city administrators. You could be prosecuted for having a gun for personal protection, or you might get killed because you didn’t.

“By not going to California,” Gottlieb said, “the life you save may be your own.”

California thanks you for not visiting,

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. osirisopto says:

She can bring me closer to god.

2. Tim Linerud says:

Welcome to California, now go home. Love it

You gotta love that the live-by-the-gun crowd is a-feared of us gentle, unarmed hippies.

I’m always proud to be a native Californian.

• Pharmakeusubik says:

Don’t kid yourself, TG. My friends up at the commune near Holy City bought a used cereal cannon from Quaker. If any ammosexuals want to get frisky in their neighborhood they will be met with crossfire granola barrages.

3. Mr DeBakey says:

“You could be prosecuted for having a gun for personal protection, or you might get killed because you didn’t.

Canada too! Proof exists:

4. Laura says:

Luckily, for us Californios, we pay taxes and so have robustly staffed police and sheriff’s deputies.

5. Jim says:

99% of gun deaths and injuries in the USA have nothing whatsoever to do with personal defense against criminals. This is all paranoid NRA drivel.

6. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

What a threat… since you won’t let us crazy people bring our guns, we’re going to boycott you.
    Well, okay then, don’t bother to write.

7. 9thousandfeet says:

Sigh.
    Devils advocacy is dirty work, but someone has to do it.

Here we go again, lumping all gun people into some fantasy knuckle dragger possum holler category. How easily and comfortably y’all slip back into your ideological comfort zones.

By far and away most gun owners, even gun enthusiasts, wouldn’t touch today’s NRA with a ten foot pole. Or the Second Amendment Foundation either. That’s the first thing.
    It’s a huge mistake to think that assholes like LaPierre represent the attitudes of most gun owners. He doesn’t.
    It’s a mistake to think that most gun owners oppose boosting the legal restrictions on gun acquisition in a variety of ways, including mandatory background checks for all gun transactions.
    They don’t.
    It’s a mistake to think that most gun owners are careless or irresponsible or inept, either with their firearms or more generally. If they were, given how many guns there are out there, the death toll would be higher by several orders of magnitude.

At the local range here in Colorado, as well as at gun clubs across the west and south, I’ve met at least as many lawyers and doctors (some of them are even—gasp—liberals, and some not so much) as plumbers and electricians and carpenters, and have yet to meet a single toothless hillbilly with a banjo.

And I’ll say this again, because obviously it didn’t sink in last time, the potential for political alliances between progressives and those gun folks who hunt, and that’s a lot of people both rural and urban, is huge, particularly with regard to public lands preservation and environmental issues. If the current administration’s efforts to strip the public lands of this nation to the bare walls fail, and I think they will fail, it will primarily be because they run into a buzzsaw in the form of hunting rights groups and wildlife preservation and outdoor access advocacy organizations, many of which are funded by hunting license fees and other income streams which flow directly from the pockets of gun owners one way or another.

Wake me when you eejits are ready to think about expanding the Den voting base again in flyover country, and possibly recapturing some lost ground there. You might have to drop some of this snooty “ammosexual” It’s not as if we don’t need the electoral help, now is it?

Peace.
    Resist.

• MDavis says:

On the other hand, I see nothing in this post that refutes what you say here. The post is about something the Second Amendment Foundation put out, so we can assume that the largest part of the mockery is toward those who believe those folks.
      I am also a gun owner (not for hunting, though. The last time we shot at something it was a huge scorpion) and took a safety course in preparation for the concealed carry permit. When it was time to put that application in we balked. It is weird here. We have rogue cops running a whole branch of the local gendarmes and I would rather not have them waving around some piece of paper saying that I have that permit (so I must always be carrying) which allowed them to just shoot me when they pulled me over for the traditional broken tail light.
      I can speak to some of the things said in the classes, though.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Responsible gun owners don’t insist on bringing their guns into jurisdictions which disallow them.

9K –

I think in this instance your issue is with the Second Amendment Foundation who issued the warning.

• ming says:

I don’t have a problem with guns, however I do have a problem with the NRA and it’s toxic spokes liars. No cred for anyone who lets those assholes speak for them.

8. Sirius Lunacy says:

As I am about a month away from going to visit California, I am so glad they warned me. I feel even better about going on this trip now then I did before. Caaal- eeee-foooorrn-yaaa heeeeere Iiiii cooooo-oooome.

To each his own. I prefer to boycott the open carry states and states that pass laws telling you where you can and cannot pee.

10. sleeve98 says:

This is a direct response to the NAACP’s travel advisory about Missouri. Remember, conservatives never have an original thought (because they’re incapable of thinking for themselves – it’s why they’re so susceptible to propaganda). Even “FAKE NEWS!” is only a thing with them now because the hippies first shamed them for their own.

11. osirisopto says:

I feel safer already.

12. Green Eagle says:

California has the eighth lowest rate of firearms deaths in the US. The ten States with the highest rates? From number 10 to number 1:

Oklahoma
    South Carolina
    Wyoming
    New Mexico
    Arkansas
    Montana
    Alabama
    Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Alaska

Notice anything about the political leanings of these States (with the exception of New Mexico?) So, gun nuts, a plea from a California resident: Stay at home and kill each other. We don’t need you here.

And by the way, I think it is hardly an accident that the right wing site where you found this has no way to leave a comment.

13. tommyspoon says:

There is nothing about that picture that I dislike.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s