Bad Signs, Cont.

bad signs 2

Still sounds better than going to church on Sunday morning.

Housekeeping note: I have to be at the courthouse again tomorrow. I was not selected for a jury today, though, so there’s that. Off to a BBQ party now…

This entry was posted in Bad Signs. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Bad Signs, Cont.

1. Nora Daly says:

How much booze did you leave in the liquor cabinet?

2. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Last time I was called for jury duty, I made sure to take the train rather than driving. Every half hour, a bailiff would tell people they could leave to feed the parking meters… suckers. A bunch of us were seated in the empanelling room when a bailiff told us that the civil case had been settled while we were waiting. We were kept for another twenty minutes, but no other cases were coming onto the docket. We were dismissed before noon and issued our certificates of participation.

Being on foot, I headed over to The Brazen Fox and had my first beer before the clock struck twelve. Doing my civic duty was no burden that day.

3. Bruce388 says:

The person who composed that sign never tried it.

4. M. Bouffant says:

I used to love jury duty when I was employed. One could sit around reading for days, & then advise att’ys.& judge there was no way in hell one would convict anyone of bullshit drug charges, be thanked & go back to reading.

First civil trial I was on we the jury awarded a locomotive driver about U.S.$400,000 from his employer, the Union Pacific Rail Road, for knee injuries sustained while jumping from a switchyard engine that was about to be hit by another train. We got to play w/ model trains while deliberating, & got two free lunches (in a place w/ tablecloths & the like) while deliberating. Good times.

And one is one helluva lot closer to gawd shouting his name in bed than in church dropping money in the plate.

• I’ve been on jury duty twice. Got selected both times. I guess I have that face. Both times selected to be Chairperson. First one was statutory rape, that the shitnugget had managed to drag out, over and over again until the woman in question became 21 years old. The second one was a trumped up attempt to put a dude bag in jail on the flimsiest of evidence. I said “considering the roommates I lived with, if I thought I could go to jail based on this crap, I’d be terrified!”

5. Laura says:

I have “worshipped” at St. Matresses for years. Years and years. And the “spirit” moved me on many a glad occasion. And verily, it was righteous.

6. Sirius Lunacy says:

‘Going to church’, is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s