[Ed. We’re pushing this, people, get those phone calls going. Contact information for your Senators is in the Activism tab at the masthead. Get those lines burning! Fresh(er?) posts below. — TG]
The Kochs are pulling out the big guns. They’re going to profit from the death and misery of us all, or their pocket politicians will pound dirt.
They see profits from our pain and suffering. Where we see death and illness, they see a good return on their investment.
From The Guardian…
Koch officials said that the network’s midterm budget for policy and politics is between $300m and $400m, but donors are demanding legislative progress.
At a weekend donor retreat attended by at least 18 elected officials, the Koch brothers warned that time is running out to push their agenda, most notably healthcare and tax reform, through Congress.
One Texas-based donor warned Republican lawmakers that his “Dallas piggy bank” was now closed, until he saw legislative progress.
“Get Obamacare repealed and replaced, get tax reform passed,” said Doug Deason. “Get it done and we’ll open it back up.”
We need to keep calling. We need to call more often. It’s our only hope of saving the ACA.
We can succeed, but only if everyone does their best. Please, make the calls today.
A call to action:
The stakes are high and no one can help us. We must help ourselves.
- Call your Senators, both D and R.
- Support the D’s
- We, you and I, your sister, brother, uncle, cousin, ex, SO, nieces and nephews are the backbone of the Democratic party. The politicians cannot stand without our constant support.
- Demand the R’s vote against the Trumpcare
- You’re not wasting your time calling the R’s. You’re “putting on the heat.”
- Keep pushing
- Puch harder.
- Support the D’s
- Please make two or three calls each day this week.
- Leave VM’s at 4:00 AM or at 11:30 PM
- Make a call during your morning and evening commute.
Stand up. Speak out. Speak not for yourself but for all the people who need help.
It’s up to you.
No one is going to do it for us.
Update: There is hope from C&L…
Monday night, MoveOn Washington director Ben Wikler headed to Capitol Hill. On his way, he encountered something that became magical.
Update 2: Our oppressors fight dirty. From dKos…
Make the calls, please.
Because the movement to save the ACA has no funny hats, or cute mascot DW offered this:
That pretty much sums it up.