[Pinned to the top today. Fresher posts below.]
As we all know the Senatorial R’s are proposing a bill that will hurt so many people as to be inhuman, and likely devastate our economy for decades but there is a silence from our institutions.
There are no big planned marches, no protests, no coordinated efforts to get a counter message out, no funny hats. Nothing to mobilize the people. Nothing to create a groundswell of vocal and high profile opposition to the despicable assault upon our people known as the AHCA.
We are on our own. We have been left to our own devices.
We have one course of action that is proven to be effective against all odds – phone calls to our R representatives.
If you follow that link you’ll see hard evidence, undeniable proof that phone calls can do anything, but only if you make the calls.
Not once a month, not twice a week but every day, with commitment, passion and confidence.
Remember we are the backbone of the Democratic Party. Our politicians cannot stand without us, but with us they can and will stand up and fight for what we know is right.
Our collective efforts have caused the D’s to not just stand up but to fight back. You know our calls to the R’s are having a similar impact upon them. We need to keep it up.
A call to action:
The stakes are high and no one can help us. We must help ourselves.
- Call your Senators, both D and R.
- Support the D’s
- We, you and I, your sister, brother, uncle, cousin, ex, SO, nieces and nephews are the backbone of the Democratic party. The politicians cannot stand without our constant support.
- Demand the R’s vote against the Trumpcare
- You’re not wasting your time calling the R’s. You’re “putting on the heat.”
- Support the D’s
- Please make two or three calls each day this week.
- Leave VM’s at 4:00 AM or at 11:30 PM
- Make a call during your morning and evening commute.
Stand up. Speak out. Speak not for yourself but for all the people who need help.
It’s up to you.
No one is going to do it for us.
Update: Apparently the Senatorial R’s have decided to rename the AHCA to the BCRA (y’know because the Russian Puppet called the AHCA “mean”) and for it to not go into effect until 2021. The year after the Russian Puppet is voted out of office and replaced with a Democrat. Said Democrat will be blamed for the cuts to medicaid and other R initiatives.
Who said R’s aren’t forward thinking?