Pres. Obama has spoken out on the AHCA, which is more than B. Clinton, or H. Clinton has done or will do.
No one is going to do it for us. We have to do it for ourselves.
Former President Barack Obama took to his Facebook page after the release of the Senate version of Trumpcare to call everyone to action on the bill.
He wrote, “The Senate bill, unveiled today, is not a health care bill. It’s a massive transfer of wealth from middle-class and poor families to the richest people in America. It hands enormous tax cuts to the rich and to the drug and insurance industries, paid for by cutting health care for everybody else. Those with private insurance will experience higher premiums and higher deductibles, with lower tax credits to help working families cover the costs, even as their plans might no longer cover pregnancy, mental health care, or expensive prescriptions. Discrimination based on pre-existing conditions could become the norm again. Millions of families will lose coverage entirely.“
Remember we are the backbone of the Democratic Party. Our politicians cannot stand without us, but with us they can and will stand up and fight for what we know is right.
Our collective efforts have caused the D’s to not just stand up but to fight back. You know our calls to the R’s are having a similar impact upon them. We need to keep it up.
A call to action:
The stakes are high and no one can help us. We must help ourselves.
- Call your Senators, both D and R.
- Support the D’s
- We, you and I, your sister, brother, uncle, cousin, ex, SO, nieces and nephews are the backbone of the Democratic party. The politicians cannot stand without our constant support.
- Demand the R’s vote against the Trumpcare
- You’re not wasting your time calling the R’s. You’re “putting on the heat.”
- Support the D’s
- Please make two or three calls each day this week.
- Leave VM’s at 4:00 AM or at 11:30 PM
- Make a call during your morning and evening commute.
Together we can overcome the venal ambitions of McConnell and the R’s in the Senate.
We need your voice. Please make the calls.