Breaking: Rep. Steve Scalise Shot

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Slaughter

Not much in detail yet, but someone opened fire on congressional Republicans and staffers who were practicing for a charity baseball game.

This entry was posted in Ammosexuals, Guns! Guns! Guns!. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Breaking: Rep. Steve Scalise Shot

1. Plummet says:

So a bunch of paid employees of NRA Inc. get shot. Eiron, the Goddess of irony, laughed so hard she farted. They all should have been carrying an AR-15/AK/glock.

2. HarpoSnarx says:

Already the ReichWhores are blaming . . . The LEFT.

So does this mean Democrats will also receive beefed up security or just the republicans?

4. 9thousandfeet says:

Get ready to relish the difference between the way the right responds to this compared to the way they responded to Gifford’s shooting.
    Gifford’s thing was “meh”, an anomaly.
    Ten bucks says there will be a full court press to turn this into a Reichstag moment.

How come there wasn’t a good guy with a gun to stop this?

Oh, wait.

• 9thousandfeet says:

Heh heh.
        Hell, TG, even I don’t carry a gun when I’m playing baseball.
        😉

Seriously for a minute, I’ve pretty much taken to carrying one the rest of the time, though. I’m surrounded by Oath Keepers and other assorted whackos around here.
        They’re fucking everywhere and they’re bristling with firepower. They’re not impressed with my “Fuck Donald Trump” baseball cap for some reason.

We’ve touched on this before, you and I — you coastal city mice, for whom law enforcement response times are probably one-tenth of the routine 30 to 40 minutes we can expect around here, are blissfully unaware of what parts of flyover country are starting to look and feel like now. It’s getting intense, I kid you not.

• Nora Daly says:

Actually, there was a lesbian with a gun who shot the shooter. Hope that scab appreciates that – he is no friend to LGBT peeps!

• MDavis says:

This is meant for your following comment about flyover guns and ruralness.
      The response time of the local law enforcement is not nearly as important, here, as the corruption level of the call (and of the cop that shows up). If it’s a bad one, shorter response times don’t help at all and anyone not in the in crowd is subject to the harassment.
      We don’t seem to have a lot of Oathkeepers in our neck of the, um, desert (woods doesn’t work here) but “everyone” hunts so “everyone” has a gun or ten. Some come into the local store packing, I just ignore it – it is a part of the scenery around here.

• MDavis says:

OK – that last statement in last comment (“I just ignore it”) came off sounding blasé. I really meant that there isn’t much I can do about it so I ignore it. It is still pretty stressful here. I grew up on the left coast. There was hunting but it wasn’t so prevalent for *everyone* to have guns. Here, though – that nice single mom with three kids? Get her talking about the last deer hunt she went on and she’ll happily brag. That couple over there? Check out there gun club stats. Et cetera.

9K,

Yeah, we have touched on it before. I know I’m not the King of the Forest, and so I cannot do anything about guns, despite my wish.

Here’s the thing tho: I want safety from gun violence for everyone, even for the people who would gladly pull the trigger on my pretty pink Liberal ass. It’s like my wish for universal healthcare: I want everyone to have it, even the people who think freedom means being free to die painfully and in debt.

5. C Montgomery Burns says:

Is it wrong that I don’t give a good dog damn.

• tommyspoon says:

Yes, it is. You appear to be sharing the same opinion that folks who celebrate the deaths of abortion providers.

6. purplehead says:

Meh. The Repubs were practicing and so was the shooter.

7. Condi says:

The Generalissimo cares less than C Montgomery Burns…

8. tommyspoon says:

He is a victim. Of gun violence. That happened at a baseball field. Where kids play. In the summertime. I don’t care that he’s a poster child for the CCC (look it up). I only hope he recovers. And maybe that his positions softens a bit on gun control. (I have no expectation of that, but I can hope.)

9. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Now they get to feel what most Americans feel.

• Osirisopto says:

we’re surrounded by heavily armed wannabe vigilantes, killers, druggies and terrorists.
      They’re surrounded by trained professional armed guards, now they will have more armed guards.

They know what it feels like to be protected from an obvious threat.
      We know what it feels like to be latent helpless victims.

I doubt they can relate. Nor would they bother since the NRA probably wrote a fresh batch of fairly large checks this morning.

O-

[\rant]

10. I used to get really wound up every time there was a senseless crime, especially shootings; but now as an old, I listen to Frank Zappa and reconsider my sobriety. That weed the kids are all smoking, how does that stuff help, anyway?

11. Ten Bears says:

I am so swiping that video clip and posting it prominently on my front page. For some reason my hometown looks like a scene from The Sound of Music today.

Reporting as live on The West Coast something that happened on The East Coast hours ago, some whackadoodle with a gun shot up a congressional ballgame … ewe ewe ewe, look, over there, some dumb blonde isn’t wearing any underwear!

While Greg Walden and The Retards systematically dismantle the social contract.

Update! Our Tea Pot Dictator has declared the shooter dead, and the bimbo bottle-blonde bobble-heads of the multi-millionaire mainstream media are reporting he was [[[ A Liberal ]]] whose social media accounts reveal a radicalized Bernie Sanders supporter who may have voted for Jill Stein. My, how utterly convenient.

12. Mr DeBakey says:

James Thomas Hodgkinson doesn’t sound Islamic.

13. E.A. Blair says:

Baseball and guns – the two American pastimes.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s