Grandpa Walnuts Speaks!

Coco and bedtime for Walnuts!

“I get the sense from Twitter that my line of questioning today went over people’s heads,” McCain said in a statement. “Maybe going forward I shouldn’t stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games.”

This entry was posted in Grandpa Walnuts. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Grandpa Walnuts Speaks!

1. Spocko says:

Cut John McCain some slack. He was born in 19dickety6. He has to use the word dickety since the Kaiser stole the word 30.

2. Pupienus Maximus says:

I finally got to watch the McCain session, to which I had earlier only been able to listen. (Bagoas’ knee surgery – tibial plateau leveling osteotemy – is heeling well nine weeks out, so thank FSM we can start giving him longer walks and maybe he won’t be such a PitA now) I hadn’t earlier caught him saying “in this member’s minds.”

Diagnosis confirmed.

3. Feline Mama says:

With all due respect Senator, “Say goodnight ‘Gracie’. Time for meds & bedtime, Sir!

4. osirisopto says:

I heard Grampy on the radio as I crept through rush hour traffic. I got the sense that he was trying desperately to turn the talk over to H. Clintons email server just like all the other R’s, but that he simply didn’t have the metal capacity to do it.

I hope McCain’s retirement party is held before he makes an even bigger fool of himself by crapping his pants on the Senate floor. I’d rather see the man hold onto a shred of dignity and just bow out.

Six degrees of separation from reality, methinks.

6. quakerinabasement says:

The GOP talking points you shared from Zeke Miller in an earlier post seem to be what McCain was trying to say. I think he was winging it.

7. Laura says:

I had to keep both hands firmly on the wheel while driving and listening and shouting. Sweet disco Jebus, if you’re gonna try and conflate the bullshit private server email investigation with the Russians interfering with the presidential election, one should have: 1.) The facts 2.) The players and their names 3.) A way back machine.
    This combo of evil, both sides, unfairness and president Comey, well, I can’t even….

Can’t wait to see how Meghan McCain attempts to spin this.

8. Bruce388 says:

Trump perfected his imitation of Trump.

9. Oh, John. To be fair to him, I can’t hold a coherent conversation before midday either.

10. C Montgomery Burns says:

This is what happens when the sky is clear in DC and you can’t yell outside.

11. Pupienus Maximus says:

Is anyone else as pissed as I am that NPR (and nearly everyone else, I guess, but I don’t listen to much other than NPR) keeps saying Comey “leaked?” As General Clapper famously ‘splained to Chaffetz(?), thereby generating a chorus of belly laughs, if the info isn’t classified conveying the info is not “leaking.” Hop over to NPR and bitch at the ombudsman, as I just did, willya?

Anyway, I was thinking that what Comey did not say to Grandpa Walnuts is more interesting than what he did say. The short and to the point response is “Clinton was not, is not, never was under legal suspicion of colluding with the Russians in the campaign. That investigation had nothing to do with colluding with the rooskies. Other people are under legal suspicion of colluding with the Russians and that is what is being investigated.”

But of course he couldn’t say that because that info is classified. Comey was obviously struggling to ‘splain things to the befuddled old man without revealing the heart of the matter which is classified.

• Pupienus Maximus says:

Please include in your sharply worded letter to NPR that incorrectly repeating that shit is worse than mere sloppy journalism as it reinforces the false narrative pushed by the Goebbels Operations Party. Though it might be best to not say it exactly that way.

Pup –

I know you don’t have much of a choice, but it bears repeating:

Nice
      Polite
      Republicans
      ___________
      NPR

12. paul fredine says:

all this discussion of ‘leaks’ makes me think depends has just found their new advertising campaign: BOTHERED BY ALL THOSE COMEY LEAKS? TRY OUR NEW D.C. DEPENDS. HEAVY DUTY ONES ALSO AVAILABLE TO ACCOMMODATE EXCESSIVE LOADS OF B.S. AND PREVENT EMBARRASSING STAINING.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s