Nothin’ Goin’ On ‘Round Here

Compare and contrast

I’ve been thinking more about the story that Speaker Zombie-Eyed Granny-Starver Paul Ryan tried to make Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s little joke about who is on the Russian’s Payroll an off-the-record moment:

“No leaks. … This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

“…like the Gambinos,” he didn’t add, but should have.

At first I just tossed the story aside, but it seems more ominous to me now, because of the way ZEGS is using a Trump-style changing of the subject:

Friday morning, Ryan told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that the recording was “a cause of concern” for him and other Republicans.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” the speaker said. “There was somebody who taped a meeting a year ago where our majority leader cracked a joke and then they released the tape of that joke out just a few days ago and that’s a pretty bizarre thing to happen. So obviously that’s a cause of concern of ours.”

Get that: it’s no longer what was said, he wants the story to be that there is a leaker in the caucus and that person must be found and punished (or sumpin’).

Let’s look at a timeline of who knew what and when (I’m certain that there must be more points of interest on the path, but I could easily find these):

• Reuters in 2016: “U.S. intelligence officials told top congressional leaders a year ago [Ed. – so that makes it 2015! — TG] that Russian hackers were attacking the Democratic Party, three sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday, but the lawmakers were unable to tell the targets about the hacking because the information was so secret.”
  • June 2016: McCarthy’s “joke” is told, and Ryan starts a cover-up, or at least plausible deniability.
  • NYTmes: WASHINGTON — The C.I.A. told senior lawmakers in classified briefings last summer that it had information indicating that Russia was working to help elect Donald J. Trump president, a finding that did not emerge publicly until after Mr. Trump’s victory months later, former government officials say.
  • WaPo: In September [Ed. – 2016], during a secret briefing for congressional leaders, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) voiced doubts about the veracity of the intelligence, according to officials present.

So the GOP leadership knew since 2015 and into the GOP Convention that Russia was working to get their favorite asset elected, known henceforth as The Russian Usurper; and as you may recall, ZEGS was the damn chairman of the convention.

So ZEGS is just spouting off BS that this Russian Payroll thing was a joke. This is something that he knew to be true at the time and knows that it is true today. He’s complicit in this. As is totally amoral and amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell. I hope that the FBI is looking into them, because there is absolutely smoke and fire there.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, The Russian Usurper, Zombie Attacks. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Nothin’ Goin’ On ‘Round Here

Choosing to herd cats also highlights the disarray that exists within their party.

• “choosing to herd rabid, feral, cannibalistic cats…” There, FTFY 🙂

• MDavis says:

How is it like herding cats to control Republicans? Even T-GOP republicans? Maybe zombie cats, chasing, what, used medical supplies, maybe? Mouse brains? Bird brainz?
      Cults tend to be full of followers, don’t they?

2. laura says:

I’m holding put hope for a watergate/abscam/savings & loan-apollooza.
    They could fill a club fed to the tippy top with the lot of them.

3. Bruce388 says:

As Carl Bernstein pointed out recently, the difference between Watergate and this cluster-fornication is Congress cared about its responsibilities in Watergate.

I can see Ryan and his toadies wanting to gut the safety net for the benefit of their donors but their lack of concern for the country is very disappointing.

4. MDavis says:

“I hope that the FBI is looking into them…”
    Sorry, boss, there is no way that will happen. It’s the chorus from November 9th – along with the counterpoint of (sorry, I don’t know how to punctuate paraphrases.)

Here is an Obama administration quote from late November 2016. I didn’t notice at the time the weasel-wording that could be taken as “If you leave the [cybersecurity] keys in the Cadillac then it is no surprise if some [Russian] neighbor finds out and drives it over a cliff.” but it was a widely distributed idea at the time that we STILL haven’t gone so far in election corruption as to start up an investigation, so let’s all just play nice – or the progressive voters should play nice, anyway.
    The administration said it remained “confident in the overall integrity of electoral infrastructure, a confidence that was borne out.” It added: “As a result, we believe our elections were free and fair from a cybersecurity perspective.”
    [https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/us/politics/hacking-russia-election-fears-barack-obama-donald-trump.html]

5. Just Liz says:

Good grief!Just had my brother-in-law in the garden spouting FrightFartNews. For all our best efforts they’re buying in, hook line and sinker. In Canada, FFS
    Ya, he’s an nearly old white guy who wants it to be like it was when he was a boy. Immigrant from Ireland FFS! and a flat-earther.
    It was a wonder I was able to see them off with a smile.
    I was told that if I had a manicured lawn an atomic bomb would help me since weeds would likely catch my house on fire.
    Seriously,
    This happened.

I am stumped what I can do about this.

6. Jado says:

I think the unspoken threat here is this – “If you progressives and democrats really pursue this whole Russia thing, it will be all out war. We will tell our constituents that you are trying to stop us, and who knows what those mouth-breathing cult members will do with all their guns. You should let this go.”

They’re not wrong. If the American people want to see this scandal through to prison sentences, there will be a lot of bullets flying. And not a lot of logic employed for picking targets.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s