ZombieCare Passes

American Exceptionalism: Dumpster Diving Eagle

Here’s about the only thing I can muster: maybe all those rural white Trump voters in the red states don’t know what the Affordable Care Act gave them, but they will for sure know what the Republicans just took away from them.

As our friend Bluegal says, 2017 is the year that Republicans made American Mothers cry.

On to the Senate!

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Healthcare Repeal. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to ZombieCare Passes

1. Nangleator says:

Many don’t believe it will survive the Senate.

But maybe… Sooner or later, all the GOP will realize they can literally stand in front of one of their voters and slowly slide a knife into the voter’s chest while saying, “Democrats are doing this to you.” And the voters will believe they are being killed by Democrats even as they watch themselves be murdered.

• This. The Republican propaganda has not failed a single time since 1979. Its record is exactly 100%. As of this moment, there is no reason to think that will change.

• Ivory Bill Woodpecker says:

Why are so many of my fellow non-elite white Murkans so fucking stupid as to fall for this bullshit every single time?

2. Nora Daly says:

Does not look encouraging.

3. MJG says:

I’m conflicted – while I don’t like the bill one bit, it will hit trumpsters the hardest.
    Hard not to say :
    Fuck.
    Them.

• 9thousandfeet says:

I’m about as far away from a Trumpster is it’s possible to get and still be on this planet, and if it this bullshit actually goes into effect it will bankrupt Casa 9thousanfeet.
      The ACA came along just in the nick of time for this family.

I’m tempted to say something unpleasant, but engrain scolded me once for cussing at a Scissorhead (even though he deserved it) so I’m resolved to respect his wishes henceforth.

But I’m gritting my teeth, I want you to know.

• 9thousandfeet says:

To be clear, I’m surrounded by Trump voters in this rural setting, and they’re almost all the kind of people who show up at your door with a pot roast if difficulty strikes your household.
        A couple of them saved my life once, even as they know I’m a flamethrowing lefty envirowhacko.

Wishing harm on anyone for being chumped by a professional con artist is not acceptable to me.

9K – I keep saying it: Universal Healthcare for everyone, even for the people who vote for Trump.

My sister tells me the same thing about the people in her part of rural Oregon, kindest people, salt of the earth, always willing to help a friend/neighbor. There’s a disconnect.

• 9thousandfeet says:

Yeah, TG, Universal, single payer, with one huge risk pool and we’re all in it together is the way to go.
        And yeah, there’s a disconnect. We’ve talked about this. The Dem intelligentsia, the well-read, well-educated, urban and suburban middle classes, really should consider how it became possible for them to be so successfully demonized as supercilious “elitists”.

It’s not as if it’s common to find neighbors like mine, who do indeed enjoy hanging out and shooting beer cans off the back fence with that new rifle, derided on “progressive” sites as knuckledraggers and the like
        Oh wait, it happens all the fucking time, with places like Crooks and Liars, Raw Story and others as major offenders.

That said, it’s pretty “obvious” to my neighbors that city mice for the most part don’t have sense enough to pour piss out of a boot.

I despair of finding a solution, frankly. But we sure as hell need one.

MJG – Universal Healthcare means for everyone, even them.

After that: fuck ’em. And twice on Sundays if they voted for him and would do it again.

• MJG says:

Apologies to the offended, but the trump people in my orbit are anything but salt of the earth grannies with casseroles – this includes immediate family, unfortunately. My experience has darkly colored my outlook.

MJG –

My position might seem schizophrenic at first, but there is some sanity in it (I hope?):

1. I will never find common ground with people who want to march me, my family, and/or my friends into the ovens. Let the other party have the racists, anti-semites, and other assorted misogynists and homophobes.
        2. Punching a Nazi is always the correct action.
        3. BUT First… You have to find out if you a dealing with a Nazi before you punch them. Talk to these people before you swing. Not everyone in the middle of the country is a Nazi.

Somewhere along the way, we Dims forgot that we are the party of the little people. We stood up for women and minorities (yay!), but we lost sight another group of people who needed us a lot; while I don’t think we created the Rust Belt, I don’t think we helped enough. I think many of heartlanders gave up on us because we gave up on them and they voted in an act of desperation. I don’t have a policy prescription here, except we cannot write off the center of the country. 50-State strategy is a start.

The ones who are dyed-in-the-wool Trump supporters are a different matter, and eff-them. Punch the Nazis.

4. Bruce388 says:

Another topic, similar principle: A FB friend posted about how he was a proud Trump voter. He also posts about why marijuana should be legalized. I had to tell him he VOTED against that, complete with Jeff Sessions’ rants against pot. And I enjoyed it.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s