I’m Shocked. Shocked, I Tell You.

At this point, I know I should not be shocked by how shallow the Russian Usurper is, and yet…

White House aides have figured out that it’s best not to present Trump with too many competing options when it comes to matters of policy or strategy. Instead, the way to win Trump over, they say, is to present him a single preferred course of action and then walk him through what the outcome could be – and especially how it will play in the press.

“You don’t walk in with a traditional presentation, like a binder or a PowerPoint. He doesn’t care. He doesn’t consume information that way,” said one senior administration official. “You go in and tell him the pros and cons, and what the media coverage is going to be like.”

It’s not even so much that I’m shocked that some sort of ersatz ratings or even Q-Rating drives him, I’m shocked that his staff is enabling it. Even if they are true believers in Hair Führer, they must know at some level that there is no there there. That is pure ego.

It’s also little wonder that the Russians figured out how to manipulate him.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I’m Shocked. Shocked, I Tell You.

1. HarpoSnarx says:

Cripes, let’s hope the West Wing cretins keep this week’s National Enquirer from the Russian bitch, the headline this week: WORLD WAR III IS COMING!
    Honestly I’m getting close to, BRING IT!

2. MDavis says:

Trump’s expected behavior was spotlighted by his comment he wouldn’t fire Sean Sphincter (the MC of the required-for-the-press event, Donald, Duh!) because ‘he gets great ratings. I am still gobsmacked by the sheer density. It’s like a Katherine Harris interview moment every dam day. Remember her, of the “we don’t care that you know what we did” answer? Gobsmacked.

MDavis, I have totally forgotten about ol’ Pink Sugar.

Thank you for the reminder. I am going to enjoy the sweet, sweet relief that blacking out from banging my head on my desk brings.

Pure ego that favors the id. We are so f’d in the dark.

4. JTO says:

So, this is what entropy looks like. Bush the Dumber got two choices and picked between them. Trump gets one choice and the bullet-pointed short-term, news cycle pros and cons related to ratings – viewer, I assume, not approval. Written, of course, by some NAZI clown.

Is there any phrase that expresses this situation better than “The whole world is so f’d in the dark?” I’d really like to know what it is.

5. Bruce388 says:

Who gets to tell Donnie about the non-existent economic growth of the first quarter? It’s going to take some fancy talking to dress that up.

• MDavis says:

What? No! Just point out how great his ratings are and he’ll be fine. Just make up some BS that proves how great his ratings are, that is. It seems to be all he cares about.

6. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Putin would write his wish list in monosyllable words on hooker tits when Trump was staying in Moscow hotels.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s