“I’m not firing Sean Spicer, that guy gets great ratings. Everyone tunes in.”
And that, fellow Scissorheads, is why Stupid Spice still has a job.
We learned today what we always suspected: Hair Führer is a devotee of the Boob Tube. Here’s some more take-aways from the WaPo:
- Trump even likened Spicer’s daily news briefings to a daytime soap opera, noting proudly that his press secretary attracted nearly as many viewers.”
- Some White House officials… have started tuning into [Petunia & Pals] because they know the president habitually clicks it on after waking near dawn.
- Foreign diplomats have urged their governments’ leaders to appear on television when they’re stateside as a means of making their case to Trump.
- On his campaign plane, Trump watched television on full volume — usually Fox News, sometimes CNN — almost constantly, … shushing his aides whenever he himself came on the screen … When Hillary Clinton appeared, he’d similarly quiet his team, often before pointing a finger at the TV and scolding: ‘She’s lying! She’s lying!’
- Trump is still in touch with Roger Ailes.