Bad Ads, Cont.

2-for-1

I have no idea what it is, but at 2-for-1 and no bullshit, I better get some before the sale ends!

(Hat tip: our friend @NamelessCynic on the Twitter device)

This entry was posted in Badvertising. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bad Ads, Cont.

1. M. Bouffant says:

I haven’t the slightest either.

2. purplehead says:

It’s so bad, I can’t see it.

3. Karla says:

What is it? Only because I can’t see the graphic, I MUST KNOW!

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

It’s funny, non-anglophone Europeans seem to have a hard time gauging how filthy some English words are.

5. “Brille” (same word in Danish and German) is “glasses” told me what they were selling (in case the big frames in the middle of the picture didn’t tell you that).

Then Google Translate tells me that “Den billigste brille er altid gratis” is Danish for “The cheapest glasses are always free.”

(Bonus fact – “gratis” = “free” means Danish also has Latin roots. Groovy.)

• MDavis says:

No guarantee that Danish has a lot of Latin roots, Denmark is pretty close to the British Isles where those Latins took up residence for, what, a couple hundred years or so.

6. E.A. Blair says:

Danish is a language that is somewhat resistant to adopting loan words (the technical term for words adopted from another language). English, on the other hand, is a thief that waylays other languages, goes through their pockets and steals everything it can. I doubt if you could name a major language that English hasn’t stolen a word from.

• MDavis says:

Thanks! I was wondering about that as I wrote my previous comment. I’m so accustomed to English that I just think everyone does it.

7. Frank Smith says:

KR currency is the Swedish Krona

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s