We learned that Fox News has paid out over $13M Ameros to creepy falafel fetishist Bill O’Reilly’s many, many victims, one victim’s lawyer going so far as to call the network the Bill Cosby of Corporate America. I suppose that the gelatinous Roger Ailes well-known sexual advances have helped them earn this reputation.
Anyway, in case you are curious, here’s a list from Axios of the people harassed by Bill-O:
- Andrea Mackris: Former producer. Accused O’Reilly of making inappropriate phone calls. O’Reilly paid her a $9 million settlement, according to the NYT.
- Wendy Walsh: Former regular O’Reilly guest. Claims he offered to help her get a position at Fox News but reneged after she declined to go to a hotel room with him.
- Rebecca Gomez Diamond: Former Fox Business host. Accused O’Reilly of inappropriate phone calls. O’Reilly paid her a settlement, according to the NYT.
- Juliet Huddy: Former regular O’Reilly guest. Accused him of inappropriate phone calls and trying to kiss her, and then damaging her career after she rejected his advances. Fox paid her a $1.6 million settlement, according to the NYT.
- Andrea Tantaros: Former Fox News Host. Sued both O’Reilly and Ailes for alleged sexual harassment.
- Laurie Dhue: Former Fox News host. Sued both O’Reilly and Ailes for alleged sexual harassment. Fox paid her over $1 million, according to the NYT.
And in case you are wondering, here’s the women that Ailes harassed:
- Gretchen Carlson: Former Fox News host. Sued Ailes for allegedly harming her career after she rebuffed his advances. Fox paid her $20 million.
- Megyn Kelly: Former Fox News host. During an internal investigation, she said Ailes had made unwanted advances when she was a Fox News correspondent, according to NY Mag.
- Rudi Bakhtiar: Former Fox News reporter. She claims Ailes made inappropriate comments to her and that she was fired after accusing another Fox News employee of sexual harassment.
Who knew that Ailes was a piker compared to Bill-O?
We mention these things only because April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month as decreed by Donald ““When you’re a star, they let you do it” Trump.
We could add in the revelation that theocrat Mike Pence is worried that he would pounce on unescorted women and that SCOTUS nominee Gorsuch holds similar religious views that neither of them will treat women as equals, because you know that the skirts would be asking for it. But as far as we know, neither of these men has gone beyond the worrying stage. Unlike O’Reilly, Ailes, and Trump.
You just cannot make up shit like this.