Ed. Pinned. Fresher posts below.

O-

There’s a vote on the R’s plan to give the 0.01% a tax break and kill us all to do it in the House on Thursday.

The code name for their evil plan is the American Health Care Act.
Ranks right up there with the clear skies act, no child left behind and the patriot act doesn’t it?

The Russian Puppet had something to say about it. From The Hill…[emphasis mine]

Trump warns Republicans ahead of healthcare vote

President Trump issued a stern warning on Tuesday, telling Republicans they could lose their seats — and the House majority — in 2018 if they fail to repeal and replace ObamaCare, GOP sources said.

During a closed-door meeting in the basement of the Capitol, Trump told rank-and-file House Republicans if the party is not successful in passing its healthcare bill, “I believe many of you will lose in 2018,” according to a source in the room.

“He told us if we don’t pass this bill on Thursday, it will put everything in jeopardy that he wants to do, his agenda, Rep. John Duncan (R-Tenn.) told The Hill as he left the meeting.

The internet troll in chief is concern trolling. Isn’t that cute? He’s worried that his entire plan to destroy the county could come apart if the R’s don’t screw everyone in the country, except the 0.01%.

I think it’s time we to showed the Russian Puppet who’s boss around here.

batgirlredphone_zps2d0d7e99A Call To Action

I want to ask that we all put our speed dialers to work and call your congressional representative, D’s and especially R’s and let your voice be heard.

• Keyword: I love the Affordable Care Act
  • Keyword: Vote against the American Health Care Act
  • Keyword: I vote in the midterms

Please make at least two calls Wednesday and at least one call Thursday. Leaving a VM is good enough.

Put the pressure on – Phone calls work.

The Russian Puppet told them many of the R’s could be voted out if they don’t repeal the ACA. We need to tell them they’ll all be voted out if they do.

Please, make three calls to your congressional reps, don’t bother your Senators on this one. The vote on Thursday is in the house.

Update: Oh, really?

Sean Spicer Declares Trump Victory On Health Care: ‘We’ve Got Obamacare Done’

Update x2

Looks like it’s not quite the walk in the park ZEGS planned.

Put the pressure on – Phone calls work.

Paul Ryan postpones fundraiser with rich folks benefiting from Trumpcare tax breaks

The show ain’t over till the fat lady sings… I see a midnight vote coming over the horizon.

House GOP postpones ObamaCare repeal vote

Make another call please – especially if your congressional rep is an R.

Keep the pressure on – Phone calls work.

Good job to everyone who made the calls.

BREAKING: House Vote On AHCA Cancelled

O-

P.S. Claim chowder: I’m betting we see the biggest midterm turn out in decades in 2018.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, activism, Affordable Care Act and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Updated x4 – A Minor Victory: Activism: Saving the ACA: Putting Congress Between A Rock And A Hard Place

1. w3ski says:

I was wondering lately and I thought you might shed some light here. We, well they, just elected a New Head of the Democratic Party, am I right? Well why have I not heard a word from this New Head? Am I just not following their news or have they been silent since their election?
    I sort of expected some major movement going on after that election and so far it’s crickets?
    Are we that screwed again?
    What do you see?
    w3ski

The DNC guys both came out swinging right after their election(s). Here’s the latest news. You can set up a Google Alert to get a daily email on the DNC whenever there is any news. They’ve been on the Sunday Talkies and appointing people to transition teams and whatnot. It sounds like very typical bureaucracy setting-up news, and of course fundraising. Always fundraising.

• osirisopto says:

W3ski, We’re not screwed – yet.

I’m not going to give you a fish, but here’s a fishing pole…

Follow this link. http://bit.ly/2nfc2s8

Drill down in your state to find the next DNC event and attend. You’ll learn all you care to know first hand.

Or do as Ali suggested. Keep track of what’s going on.

I’m very time challenged and expect (hope) to stay that way until September.

O-

It’s been a long day. I’m gonna crash.

• Ali Redford says:

I just ran across this: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/325335-perez-ellison-start-multistate-turnaround-tour-for-dems
      >The newly minted party chairman and the Minnesota congressman will first head to Michigan — a state Democrats lost in the 2016 presidential race for the first time in almost 30 years — before stopping in New Jersey, Texas and Virginia over the next two weeks.
      I also remembered to use the Reply button. 🙂

2. Ali Redford says:

Well, here is this: https://www.democrats.org/ .

My long experience is that we have to go to them to get information. Most of that is on media, who are not friends of Dems no matter who is in office, and no matter what they’re doing. Maybe national is avoiding coverage right now; I don’t know, but I doubt it.

Osirisopto is correct, though: no $$ contributions, no newsletter sub, just go there when you’re curious. Contribute to campaigns of people you want to win, then work locally at your county party and up through district and state. Give time, if you have it, but not money. Money, if you have it to give, should go to the candidates you want elected. That gives the party the message you want them to get-they need to listen to people and act accordingly.

🙂 I’m not trying to be bossy, really, I’m not. So no worries if you think I’m nuts. 🙂

3. Pupienus Maximus says:

Can we please just stop calling that abomination a “health care bill?” It’s not, it’s just not.

• osirisopto says:

You’re right. there’s nothing about health care involved, it related only to health Insurance which is not health care.

And other than legalizing the selling of garbage “health insurance-in-name-only” policies across state lines it’s just a tax cut and a way to loot the treasury and give the money to their criminal buddies on Wall Street.

O-

4. C Montgomery Burns says:

Making America Great Again!!!
    He actually kept that promise and embarrassed Lyin Ryan too!!

There is still time before he leaves for the putt-putt range, maybe he’ll declare war as a diversion.
    Nah, he’ll wait till the morning of a criminal indictment to do that.

Oh well, back to bed for a late night tuck-in by wife number 2.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s