Today marks day 50 of the Russian Usurper’s administration, and we note that it is the half-way point of the mythical first 100 days.
“No president wants to have early in their administration a major legislative defeat because it makes them look weak.” — Staff-banging serial adulterer Noot.
Let’s figure out where we are and what the state of play is this morning.
- The number of immigrants caught at the border by Border Patrol agents dropped 40%. Are Bannon and the other white nationalists in the 4th Reich doing the happy dance?
- FBI investigation continues: “Internet data shows that last summer, a computer server owned by Russia-based Alfa Bank repeatedly looked up the contact information for a computer server being used by the Trump Organization — far more than other companies did, representing 80% of all lookups to the Trump server.” The Russia problem won’t go away:
- multiple meetings between Trump “campaign” and Russia
- the intelligence community (rightly) wants revenge
- congressional probes launched
- Six states tell Hair Führer that they will see you in court!, er, the traveling while Mooselimb ban.
- Brookings study: “CBO’s analysis will likely estimate that at least 15 million people will lose coverage … Estimates could be higher, but it’s is unlikely they will be significantly lower.”
- David Brooks even says (emphasis mine), “This thing probably won’t pass, but even if it passes it will probably lead to immense pain and disruption. That will discredit market-based social reform, cost the Republicans their congressional majorities and end what’s left of the Reagan-era party.”
The dove-like, non-interventionist, and not war enthusiast Hillary Clinton is escalating the conflicts in the Middle East:
JUST IN: Head of U.S. military's Central Command said new U.S. strategy in Afghanistan will involve more U.S. forces
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) March 9, 2017
And I think that brings us up to speed for the morning. What else is happening?