The unwinnable scenario:
- The GOP has been promising a repeal and replace for about 6 year, and fundraising off of it.
- They now control all branches of the government and can live up to their long-repeated promises.
- Bannon/Trump promised a better healthcare system that will cover more people and cost less.
- The hard-liners think the replacement is too generous.
- The moderates think it is too cruel for states who expanded Medicaid.
- Zombie-eyed Granny-Starver and Amply be-chinned Mitch both want tax cuts more than they want to kill the poors and know that if this bill passes, the GOPers will be primaried in 2018 and they can say goodbye to the tax cuts.
- Bannon knows that if the campaign promise is not met, then it’s curtains for their agenda; the base will revolt. Whatever momentum their agenda has will crumble if this thing fails.
I’m sure that there are other factors that make this unwinnable. They will end up needing Dims to support it if the hard-liners march out, and hahaha, that won’t happen, though they probably will get Manchin.
I dunno what is going to happen, but it feels like it is politically unpalatable to enough people with other agendas that the best scenario would be for the bill to fail, the ACA to remain, and to curse the Dims.