Kellyanne Conway, once the most visible spokesperson for the Trump White House, has been sidelined from television appearances for making statements that were at odds with the administration’s official stance, White House sources told CNNMoney on Wednesday.
…Conway was “off message,” a White House source said.
…”Clearly they’re having much more of a drama-free week,” a source close to the White House said. “Having Kellyanne off television is helping them.”
…Sources believe Conway will return to television, but that the administration is enjoying a reprieve from the controversy created by her appearances.
“Trump was using her as an effective surrogate, then she started becoming ineffective,” one of the sources said. “So they’re letting the heat cool off.”
Having a spokesperson on the payroll that no one trusts is unique. Oh, wait, this is good:
Conway’s absence is also seen as a victory for White House press secretary Sean Spicer. As CNN reported last week, several sources in and outside the White House believe Conway was responsible for leaking negative stories about Spicer to the press, and making his job harder by contradicting him in interviews.
Victory for the Angry Inch! You know, one might conclude that CNN knows for a fact that it was Bullshit Barbie leaking stories about Dumb Spice being doomed.
Spicy, can you hear me?