Rubes Are Rubes

Grifters Gotta Grift, cont.

Strict grifting analysis at the RNC.

Strict grifting analysis at the RNC.

Hahaha!

Meet the man siphoning money from Donald Trump
A 25-year-old with no Trump ties raises $1 million by dangling ‘dinner’ with the GOP nominee.

So essentially, Ian Hawes, some 25-year old dude, set up a website that solicits donations on the promise of having a drawing to win a dinner with Hair Furer and so far he’s raised over a million Ameros. Of course, it is deceptive, but in the small print he says:

The fine print — in gray, size 8.5-font on a black background at the bottom of the website — discloses that this “dinner” actually amounts to the PAC buying two tickets “at a Sponsor-selected fundraising evening event held with Donald Trump and other attendees.”

But are the rubes taking their fleecing sitting down? No they are NOT:

“I feel ripped off and taken advantage of. This is horrible. That was not my intent,” said Mary Pat Kulina, who owns a paper-shredding company in Maryland and gave $265 to Hawes’ group. Kulina thought she had given to Trump’s campaign until told otherwise by POLITICO. “This is robbery,” she said. “I want my money back and I want them to add up what they stole from people and give it to Donald Trump.”

And then, my favorite:

David Easlick, a lawyer in Virginia, gave more than $1,000 to American Horizons PAC. “I assumed it was coming from Trump and we donated $1,000 because you might have a better chance than if you’d given $100,” Easlick said.

He asked with more than a hint of resignation, “Is it a fraud or something?”

Hawes has set up a PAC and is developing an email list that will undoubtedly be used for years to come to fleece Republican Rubes. And as much as I dislike grifters in general (and Mooselini in particular), I like the cut of his jib, and in the greater scheme of things being grifted by Hawes cannot hurt anymore than being grifted by the RNC.

I hope that he continues to target the Republicans: it is a rich vein of gold, methinks.

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo, grifters. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Rubes Are Rubes

1. Osirisopto says:

Scahdenfreude and coffee go so well together.

2. RWW says:

What’s most shocking is that Republican donors expect “PAY FOR PLAY”! Where’s Mrs. Greenspan to scold us about Hillary’s “poor ethical optics” without ever mentioning how campaign contributions had NOTHING TO DO with her husband being appointed Fed Chair by Saint Ronnie?

3. Bruce388 says:

If it makes these people feel any better, the students who enrolled at Trump University feel the same way.

Chances are this is not the first time they’ve been fleeced, nor will it be the last.

5. C Montgomery Burns says:

Even money says Trump, pissed he didn’t think of it first, sues him for a cut of the takings.

6. Jim says:

Reblogged this on mainmata and commented:
    Not only do Republicans love to grift, they are also total suckers for said grifters. An endless well of stupid.

7. Pupienus Maximus says:

Gawdam I wish I didn’t have a conscience, I’d be fuckin rich.

But… I think I just might be able to live with myself running that sort of con on Trump is rubes. Imma chew on it a bit.

PS- this site sux on Android chrome mobile.

I’m running chrome at home on my laptop and Chrome sucks. The battery drains in record time, but on the plus side I can kill Adobe Flash processes, and that is why I’m running it at all.

8. Pingback: Rubes Are Rubes – FairAndUNbalanced.com

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s