Best Lede Ever

Scott Walker, Fiscally Conservative

Scott ‘Hot Ham’ Walker, Fiscally Conservative

Madison— Like a tiresome house guest, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s campaign debt is lingering.

The latest federal filing shows that the GOP governor still has nearly $900,000 in debt from his unsuccessful presidential run, and that donations to retire it dipped last month.

(JS Online)

This entry was posted in Scott 'Hot Ham' Walker (R-Koch Industries), snark. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Best Lede Ever

1. moeman says:

He didn’t kochsuck hard enough.

2. OBS says:

Sort of OT, but where the fuck does ‘lede’ come from? It’s used to represent the ‘lead’ paragraph, but is somehow different. I first ran into it years ago from Josh Marshall at TPM, before I stopped reading him.

I could never find a definitive answer as to why it’s different from ‘lead’ but I admit I didn’t try all that hard.

• Bruce388 says:

I, too, have wondered. Dictionary.com says it’s an alternate spelling of lead.

Scotty Walker needs to have Drumpf make an appearance to retire his campaign debt. He did it for Governor Sammiches.

It’s from the old typesetting days, it was the instructions you gave to the guys in the printshop. It was to distinguish the instructions from the first word to be printed, i.e. Lead.

It is confusing.

Bury the lede is actually what the phrase was, and it mutated meanings, too.

• Thanks TG, that makes sense, especially when I think about “leading” (rhymes with sledding) used InDesign and other illustration/page layout software. I wonder how many old printers typesetters died from a horrible combination of lead poisoning and other random toxic-ink-fume-related diseases.

I am old enough that I took printshop in high school. I remember the strangest things. Of course the leading you are talking about is now called line-spacing, but it really was a thin line of lead in the olden days.

3. he left Milwaukee County broke and in debt, he put Wisconsin in debt at losing employment. His entire life has been spent in government jobs; who expected him not to leave his campaign broke and in debt?

4. RobGinChicago says:

Those out-of-staters heading to Wisconsin Dells over Memorial Day weekend had best watch out for aggressive ticketing by Wisconsin State Troopers. Out-of-state cars have always been a primary target, but now it will be brutal. I understand that Illinois drivers are referred to as “FIBs” (Fu**ing Illinois Bastards). Maybe it’s just a Packers/Bears thing 🙂

This is the great part about being a native Californian: you are hated everywhere you go, mostly because everyone wishes that they were living in California.

• Also, FISH, for Fu$$ing Illinois Sh*t-heads. Up in Door county, the natives get even more nasty and vicious!