Marco Rubio is No Sonny Crockett

Like Taking Columbian Nose Candy Off A Baby

He needs a hat.

He needs a hat.

The WaPo has a really well-researched piece up on Marco Rubio and his ex-con brother-in-law, with the unfortunate, down-played headline of How Rubio helped his ex-con brother-in-law acquire a real estate license.

Now, being a bleeding heart liberal,

I do believe that once you’ve done your time, you’ve paid your debt to society and you get a clean slate and a chance to start over, and I applaud people who do. I also feel that the War on Drugs is pointless, and we’ve locked-up and ruined the lives of countless people, mostly for addictions. And so I didn’t bother reading the WaPo article until I read Booman this morning, who takes it apart in his usual style.

The ex-con brother-in-law is not just some petty criminal, but a real Miami Vice-style drug lord. He didn’t just peddle some weed, he sold huge volumes of cocaine, and the gang he ran offed peopled, chopped them up with a chainsaw and burned the remains.

There’s also the matter of $15 million that was never recovered.

This is a big deal. Marco Rubio wasn’t just helping his ex-con brother-in-law, he was using his office to help a murdering drug lord, and he never revealed the family connection when he assisted his brother-in-law. This is a question of judgement as well as of family loyalty (which I understand), but also deliberate deception. I really don’t think this is the kind of nepotism that can be winked and nudged away.

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo, Marco 'Big Gulp' Rubio. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Marco Rubio is No Sonny Crockett

1. Apacapacas says:

Besides which, sex offenders can’t be rehabilitated. Cocaine users can quit their habit, but they’re addictive personalities and will find something else to be addicted to – or go back to cocaine. I’m not sure what trouble a sex offending addict can cause while being a real estate agent (broker?), but I bet it’s not inconsequential.

Sex offenders are marked for life and have to register that they were convicted of those crimes. No other category of crime has that penalty.

True story: one of my high-school classmates streaked (a football game, I think?), was caught, and unbelievalby was convicted of a sex crime. He’s gone his entire adult life with that hanging over his head, and has had the diminished success one might expect when an employer does a background check.

2. w3ski4me says:

The rethugs are in a feeding frenzy right now. Seeing their craziest thoughts in the campaign promises of this crop. In the proper setting any one of them could eat a live kitten and get away with it. In a saner time, Rubio’s dealing would be national news. Imagine if they could tie something like that to President Obama?
    w3ski

3. Osirisopto says:

So Rubio really is qualified to to be the republican nominee? And here I thought he was just a token Latino.

4. ebonkrieg says:

I am not behind the family thing.

5. Bruce388 says:

The theme from “Miami Vice” is now stuck in my skull.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s