On The Third Night of Hanukah… (This Exists)

phaser teevee remote

Everytime History’s Greatest Reporter Bill O’Reilly comes on your TeeVee machine, you can change the channel by zapping that bloviating SOB (but set to Stun, please!) with a replica Star Trek Phaser Universal Remote Control! It even makes authentic phaser sounds when activated!

(Amazon)

This entry was posted in Bad Presents, Hanukah, holidays. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to On The Third Night of Hanukah… (This Exists)

1. Osirisopto says:

too bad I blew my allowance on a quad copter. 😦

2. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

With O’Reilly, set the phaser to SHUT UP!!!!

3. OK. Here’s where I make myself clear and embarrassingly geek. not only did I get a kit to build and ACCURATE TOS phase, and painted it based on the best photos anyone could generate, but I ALSO got a kit for doing the Level One phaser with the real action and internal lighting. Yes, I built them myself, including the soldering finishing.

SHUT UP. I am proud, and I build a special stand for the level 2 phaser (unfortunately, the Level One phaser was not done by the same people of the Level Two Phaser, and s they do not mate.

But they both are near-hero level props. And I love that I built them and didn’t just buy them.

YES I AM A NERD

…and he was never laid again.

Good for you, ZRM. I built an Enterprise Starship model from a kit, complete with wiring so all the lights could come on, and something fancy on the thrusters (I don’t remember it very well), and I hung it from the ceiling where the Klingon Bird of Prey model (also with electrics) could attack it. I had the wires on pulleys with a little electric motor so they could go up and down.

I stand as one with my brother nerd.

Regards,

• Queasy says:

I bow to both of you. Your kung fu is the best.
        I had the models but never painted or electrified them.
        Still have these:
        Enterprise Blueprints001

• Osirisopto says:

I have the hallmark ornament of the STNG Bird of Prey hanging in my office, and the STNG communicator badge propped up next to my monitor.

We used to play guess the episode with the original – whoever could guess the episode in the shortest amount of time won a bong hit. By the end of HS we were declaring a winner in the first two or three seconds. Sometimes by the appearance of the planet they were orbiting.

Favorite all time episode – The City of the Edge of Forever

“The Gamesters of Triskelion” was the episode that, um, got my pulse racing, shall we say?

–TG

• NERDS!

I built my own programmable digital fuel injection controller for my car, and a programmable temperature controller for my fermenters.

I met and chatted with Wil Wheaton once. Anybody else remember alt.ensign.wesley.die.die.die ?

I don’t have a phaser 😦 and now I want one…

NERDS UNITE!

4. But at the most basic level, Paramount and the Roddenberry estate need to disentangle themselves from this. Bill-O is opposed to EVERY GODDAM THING Roddenberry and star Trek stood for, and still stand for.

5. Sirius Lunacy says:

I’m going with the red shirt garden gnome.