People for the American Way alerts us to a conference next month in which four of the eleventh-billion contestants in the 2016 Goat Rodeo will be attending.
So what’s the big deal, you ask?
The meeting is being convened by fetus-fondling god-botherer and first-to-throw-a-stone Kevin Swanson. Take it away, PFAW!
PFAW Urges GOP Candidates To Drop Out of Summit With Pastor Who Defends Death Penalty For Gays
People For the American Way is calling on Republican presidential candidates Sen. Ted Cruz, Gov. Mike Huckabee and Gov. Bobby Jindal to withdraw from a conference in Iowa next month hosted by a far-right pastor who has defended capital punishment for homosexuality and who has blamed forest fires on women who wear pants.
People For the American Way’s Right Wing Watch has documented the long history of extreme anti-gay, anti-women rhetoric from Kevin Swanson, the Colorado activist and pastor who is organizing next month’s “National Religious Liberties Conference” in Des Moines, which event organizers say Cruz, Huckabee and Jindal are scheduled to attend.
“We already knew that the Republican Party opposed LGBT rights and women’s equality, but this is taking things to a new level,” said People For the American Way President Michael Keegan. “We can respectfully disagree on matters of public policy, but someone who supports gay people being put to death should have no place in our public discourse, much less be sharing the stage with a major party’s presidential candidates.”
“If Cruz, Huckabee and Jindal are serious about wanting to hold the nation’s highest office,” Keegan said, “they should back out of this conference and denounce the extremism of its organizer.”
Swanson’s wild extremism includes:
- Defending a Ugandan measure to make homosexuality a criminal offense punishable by life imprisonment or the death penalty, saying he was glad the country was “standing strong” by adopting extreme anti-gay laws.
- Explaining that “a Christian perspective ultimately brought the death penalty upon homosexuality.”
- Urging people to hold up signs telling gay couples to die on their wedding day.
- Claiming that flooding and forest fires in Colorado were the result of “decadent homosexual activity” and women wearing pants.
- Saying that Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina were divine punishments of “pro-homosexual” cities.
- Insisting that “God’s laws require that we prosecute homosexuals who are caught in the act of homosexuality.”
- Claiming that women who use birth control have “little tiny fetuses, these little babies … embedded into the womb,” meaning that the “wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.”
- Claiming that working women hate men and their children and will destroy America.
- Saying that gonorrhea is God’s punishment for single women having sex.
- Warning that “Frozen” is a demonic movie meant to “indoctrinate my five-year-old to be a lesbian.”
- Insisting that Beyoncé is possessed by demons.
OK, so we know who represents Y’all Qaeda for sure. Oh, late breaking: Ben Carson will be joining them too, also.
Oh come on folks the GOP is speaking out over and over about destroying the Federal Government and they have willingly violated the Constitution on several occasions. We have reports from the FBI. HLS and numerous police organizations stating the dangers that the RW present.
It is time to enact a GOP policy supported by Congress called the preemptive strike. G.W. did it in Iraq time to use that GOP policy against the GOP and protect both the Constitution and the Federal Government! That will end all of this other GOP crap fast!! The GOP are the true enemies of the US! I am not saying it all of these reports are and the GOP themselves are not hiding it anymore time for the GOP to be dealt with.
Pffft. After attending this stone throwing conference these four idiots will wear it like a red badge of courage. Psychopath’s have no integrity or compassion.
So since forest fire ares caused by women wearing pants I would like to volunteer to help them out of them. For the good of the Owls and global warming, of course.
LikeLiked by 1 person
*Sniff* You would do that for the good of the environment? Bless you, Osirisopto, bless you!
well, let’s be fair (it is, after all, a hallmark of liberalism). All that pants-wearing creates a LOT of friction, is it any wonder some bushes catch fire?
So that’s what they meant about the “Burning Bush” in Exodus!
“No matter how cynical you become, it’s never enough to keep up.” – Lily Tomlin
Oh the language barrier, the idea that the women of the world should go commando had me on board for a moment. I then realised he meant trousers not really as exciting.
Pants also means rubbish,bad, crap or useless so was he referring to the ladies fashion sense?
I wonder when this guy will be outed.
Who’d do him? Honestly, who? His wife won’t even do him, and I don’t blame her.
Pingback: Because We Love A Good Retraction | Mock Paper Scissors