Hell Hath No Fury Like A Boomer Scorned

Hating the Clintons since 1992

Hating the Clintons since 1992

Years ago, I wrote an Anatomy of a Column post postulating that Peggington Noonington met MoDo at the 2012 Republican Convention. I was just kidding. I didn’t think that there was a chance that Boomer Journalists of a Certain Age could trade notes.

Today, I’m not so sure. MoDo has written what can only be described as a ‘Grain-style Noonington:

“When Beau realized he was not going to make it, he asked his father if he had a minute to sit down and talk.

“Of course, honey,” the vice president replied.

“At the table, Beau told his dad he was worried about him.

“My kid’s dying, an anguished Joe Biden thought to himself, and he’s making sure I’m O.K.

“Dad, I know you don’t give a damn about money,” Beau told him, dismissing the idea that his father would take some sort of cushy job after the vice presidency to cash in.

“Beau was losing his nouns and the right side of his face was partially paralyzed. But he had a mission: He tried to make his father promise to run, arguing that the White House should not revert to the Clintons and that the country would be better off with Biden values.

“Hunter also pushed his father, telling him, “Dad, it’s who you are.””

It’s a nice, vicious poisoned pen love note to MoDo’s archenemy Hillary Clinton, putting words into Beau Biden’s mouth so that they cannot be fact checked, and giving hope yet again to Wingnuttia that another target moves onto the stage. You see, the Villagers and their corporate paymasters would love nothing more if the Clown Car metaphor came from the Left, too.

Want more proof: Bill ‘Always Wrong’ Kristol loved the column and believes in its veracity.

Some facts on the ground: Smilin’ Joe Biden has not established a single campaign hire, has not solicited endorsements, nor raised as much as a buck in contributions.

On the bright side, it does give me a chance to run the MoDo-0-Matic again:

Modo-o-Matic.jpg

This entry was posted in Death of the Media. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Hell Hath No Fury Like A Boomer Scorned

And as usual, there is no there, there. It will take them years before they realize the republican party is dead.

2. McDee says:

From today’s paper. Report: Biden Taking Steps for 2016 Bid

And read the sourcing for it. It’s amazing. No one and yet it is being reported everywhere as if it were true, which tells us HRC has real trouble. And yeah, I’m a sentimental Irishman, and so Ol’ Joe would be a sentimental choice.

I think this is like the draft Sen. Prof. Warren crowd, No Means No, no matter how much anyone wants it.

Until Biden says it or takes any kind of concrete action, he ain’t running.

3. E.A. Blair says:

Just for the record: The title of this post is based on one of the most frequently misquoted lines in the history of the English language. It is from the 1697 play The Mourning Bride, act iii, scene 8 by William Congreve (1670 – 1729). Usually cited as “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”, it’s a mistaken half of the full line: “Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.”

The line, as originally written by Congreve, is, “Heav’n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn’d”

Interestingly enough, another of the most frequently misquoted lines is also from the same play, from act i, scene 1. As originally written: “Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast, To soften Rocks, or bend a knotted Oak. I’ve read, that things inanimate have mov’d, And, as with living Souls, have been form’d by Magick Numbers and persuasive Sound.” This is often misquoted as “Music has charms to soothe the savage beast”.

Congreve also coined the phrase “kiss and tell”, which appeared in his 1695 play Love For Love.

4. Add to the Kristol comment the fact that the original scoopist was Jennifer Rubin in Thursday’s Wapo. I love Joe too–who doesn’t?–but there is certainly something smelly going on.

5. Bruce388 says:

It’s impressive how she can read Joe’s mind. Haven’t seen that since Carl Woodward’s glory days.

One of the reader comments on MoDo’s column called her “insufferable.” Seems about right.

6. By the way, why does Modo hate the Clintons so much? That’s always baffled me. Or maybe I should just get out of the house more often. 😉

7. moeman says:

I think the Big Dog once rebuffed one of Modo’s advances. She is now all bark and all bite on the bone that is Clinton.

8. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

The funny thing is that an actual Biden candidacy would have them shitting their pants. Joe is the kind of guy who could go to a monster truck show and say “this is fucking cool” and sound genuine.

A real populist with a common touch? Oh hell no!

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© says:

B^4, Joe would do that. And then turn around and grant the credit card industry its fondest wishes like he did when he voted for BAPCPA.

Frankly, all I think a Biden candidacy would do is split the Democratic warmonger/corporate whore vote between Joe and Hillary.

So I’m all for it. Sanders is the only one of the bunch worth a damn.
      ~

Thunder – yup, that’s always the thing with Biden that puts me off my supper. Well, that and Clarence Thomas.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Yeah, there is that whole Delaware corporate law problem…

• Chan Kobun, the Ghost-Who-Waddles says:

And once again, IFTheThunder is here to remind us that Both Sides Not a Dime’s Republicrat War Party Booga Booga Protest Vote Maaaaaan! The same shit that got you run out on a rail at driftglass and yet you don’t change it, not one goddamned bit, no matter where you go. It’s a pathology.

Chan –

Our one hard and fast rule here is that we don’t attack each other; we don’t have to agree on anything let alone everything, but no bar fights. Take it outside MPS.

Tengrain

9. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Christ wept, the local CBS affiliate just repeated this nonsense.

B-4, it really has turned into a “Some Say,” some said phenom. This is Politico territory, I’m sure they are breathlessly editing something as we speak.

10. Kathleen says:

I don’t mean to go all “eleventy dimensional chess” and all but part of me thinks PBO and Biden are doing some trolling here on some level. Look at the cast of characters who have fed this (Rubin, Dowd etc).

Kathleen – Welcome to MPS, it is good to have you with us.

Yeah, the chess thing seems strangely appropriate, and of course this gossip will be talked about endlessly for a few news cycles and fits into Wingnuttia’s usual meme of saying that even the Dims don’t like her.

Suspicious, is what I mean.

Regards,

Tengrain

• Kathleen says:

Thank you for the kind welcome, Tengrain! The more I think about this the more I think it’s the Village People engaging in rodent procreation. Is it coincidental that this “news” was broadcast the same weekend the Kochs had their Winger Ding in California?

• Kathleen says:

Although I don’t think either of them would exploit Beau’s and Joe’s relationship. I have to agree that the story was started by the GOP. The only people pushing it are its evil minions. I so loathe these people.

They are the master of creating fake scenarios and then reacting to them. It’s a type of rat-f***ing.

11. Mike B. says:

The GOP controls the House and the Senate and could very well hold onto both in the 2016 elections. So if the GOP wins the presidency, we’re in deep trouble. So I’ll take any Democrat who can win. Hillary is fine, but I think the Democrats need a Plan B – and I don’t think it would be bad for Clinton to have to compete for the nomination (it didn’t hurt Obama in 2008). So even though I’m not a fan of his politics, I think it would be good if Biden ran (or some other senior Democrat). I like Sanders, but I’m not sure he could win the election if he were nominated.

12. C Montgomery Burns says:

I can’t be as eloquent as those above, so I’ll just sum up Uncle Joe as I see him.
    Joe’s son worked for the banking lobby and pushed for the BAPCAP(as mentioned above).
    Joe co-sponsored this nightmare of a bill.
    The housing market crashed.
    The only chance millions of people had to save their homes(primary residence) was thru the chapter 11 process, a process now completely tainted and as it turns out – unobtainable to all who tried.
    Obama chooses Uncle Joe as VP as a nudge-nudge to the banking industry, as to say, don’t worry nothing will change. And it didn’t.
    In his first year in office Obama appoints Uncle Joe to oversee revitalizing the process and streamlining government bailout(to the masses not the banks) and NOTHING is done.
    Those who filed chapter 11 ended paying more under the new law.
    Those who had 2nd or 3rd they didn’t want could walk away from the debt yet those ‘average Americans’ with only one place to live were fucked.
    And that my friends is how I looked at this great orator. Not as an average Joe (didn’t work with baby Bush either) but as another corporate whore.

That rant said, walk into a real store or office or local summer event and talk to people about the options available in 2016 and most say HRClinton. Women, younger people (not those unbearable hipsters) black, white and yellow. They want a women, they want someone with hands on experience and someone who knows where the bodies are buried.
    Now it’s time for Uncle Monty’s medication.

13. JerryB says:

Too many drunken, lonely years.

14. MoDo needs so much to get less high, and go find a colloege kid, get him oblooterated to the fine point where he is incapable of rational thought but Mister Pointy-Spitty still works, and get the cobwebs knocked off of her.

Nooningtonham-Howell needs to put either more or less Nyquil in her Laudanum Mudslides.

(Yes, I went through Jon Swift this morning, why do you ask?)

15. Pingback: MPS By the Numbers 2015 | Mock Paper Scissors

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s