When All You Have Is A Hammer, Cont.

Gomer and the Gomerette

Gomer and the Gomerette

Mike ‘Uncle Sugar’ Huckabee is distinguishing himself once again by suggesting that what we need is more Jeebus, nothing more, to work out all of our racial tensions:

“I keep hearing people saying we need more conversations about race,” the former Arkansas governor opined. “Actually we don’t need more conversations. What we need is conversions because the reconciliations that changes people is not a racial reconciliation, it’s a spiritual reconciliation when people are reconciled to God.”

“When I love God and I know that God created other people regardless of their color as much as he made me, I don’t have a problem with racism,” Huckabee insisted.

The candidate concluded: “It’s solved!”

If you are a Xristian theocrat running for the secular office of the preznint, as is Huckabee, then you have a policy prescription for everything: Jeebus. Honest-to-blog, he really is calling for everyone to convert to Christianity. And then what happens next? The Baptists square off against the Methodists who square off against the Presbyterians who square off against…

Huckabee is a walking, talking Exhibit A for why our founding fathers created the wall between church and state.

(Raw Story)

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo, Mike 'Uncle Sugar' Huckabee, Theocrats. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to When All You Have Is A Hammer, Cont.

1. E.A. Blair says:

“The Baptists square off against the Methodists who square off against the Presbyterians who square off against…”

How true. What few people realize is that the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment (which started out as the Third Amendment) was not written out of a spirit of inclusion, tolerance and fellowship. It was written because the Congregationalists hated the Baptists (who were forbidden by law to preach in Virginia), the Baptists hated the Presbyterians, almost everybody hated the Quakers and the papist Whore of Babylon Catholics, and the Episcopalians (formerly the Anglicans) were suspected of having lingering royalist sentiments. Better the possibility that a Jew or a Mahometan or a downright heathen be allowed to hold office rather than let the WRONG cult…er…denomination get the official nod of approval from the government.

There’s a statue in Boston of one of my early ancestors, Mary Dyer, who was hanged (for being a Quaker). The inscription reads something along the lines of her being a fighter for religious freedom, but in actuality she was hung for proselytizing her much-loathed faith to the masses.

Bring back the good ol’ days, says I. Hang ’em. Hang the whole lot of them that suggest conversion crap.

2. sjclark35 says:

Wow, Huckleberry accepts everyone because God created all of us, just as she created Huck, then, hallelujah!, he accepts me as God created me, a LESBIAN!

3. M. Bouffant says:

No one these sad sacks will admit that an hr. of Bible-study didn’t keep Roof from killing most of the people w/ whom he was studying.

4. grs says:

As long as it’s a white Jesus.

Side note: I’m currently working on a project and one of the team members happens to be from Iraq and Christian. It’s interesting telling him about certain aspects of American Christianity like white Jesus with blue eyes and snake handlers. His reaction is amusing. His Christianity doesn’t seem that bad. The dude speaks and reads Aramaic, so maybe he has better sources.

5. Perturbation says:

All we needed was Jesus all along! Oh wait….

6. Oh, the Protestants hate the Catholics,
    And the Catholics hate the Protestants,
    And the Hindus hate the Muslims,
    And everybody hates the Jews.

But during National Brotherhood Week, National Brotherhood Week,
    It’s National Everyone-smile-at-one-another-hood Week.
    Be nice to people who
    Are inferior to you.
    It’s only for a week, so have no fear.
    Be grateful that it doesn’t last all year!

My prophet? Tom Lehrer.

Oh.
    And Brent and Jemaine.

7. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Oh, Huck, what about that genuine, Bible-believin’ Curse of Ham?

Ha! Oh, I wish I was just a little bit Bible-literate, I completely forgot about Ham (but not about Hamm’s)

8. Osirisopto says:

If your main squeeze was the Gohmerette you’d turn to God for answers, too.