The Saturday Morning Quote

Not Born That Way

“I believe in America it’s pretty hard to say anything without somebody being offended. The issue here doesn’t have anything to do, at the end of the day, with the gay community. It has everything to do with protecting freedom of religion.” (Raw Story)

— Mark Gurley, a spokesman for Restrain the Judges, who put up those electronic billboards in the midwest.

I can’t even… People like Gurley make me wish that the Rapture would happen right now so he would get off our planet. Imagine what a paradise it would be if those theocrats were gone?

This entry was posted in civil rights, Homophobia, Y'all Qaeda. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Saturday Morning Quote

1. I visualize that relative paradise every day, Ten, but the bearded sky fairy continues to withhold its favors.

2. The Match says:

If the rapture were to happen today, I find it unlikely that Mr. Gurley and his ilk would find themselves in the lords good graces.
    I suspect mr. Burley’s aversion to the ‘mos springs from childhood teasing he received about his last name being a homonym for things that are feminine in nature.

3. FinnFur says:

It never occurred to them that one is not born a Christian or a Jew or Hindu, right? So one’s religious persuasion is mostly definetly not a natural civil right by this logic. Dickweeds.

• yastreblyansky says:

Democrats, Republicans, Vegetarians, and Teetotalers too, as well as anybody who makes a speech, joins a club, or is suspected of committing a crime. Interesting how they’re so excited about race they forgot everything else. (Except that new civil right to not have to look at anything that disagrees with your non-inborn religious views.)

4. Sirius Lunacy says:

As a left handed person I have seen this kind of argument before. It was really stupid then too.

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Restrain the judges? Kinky!

6. Best of all, after the Rapture, when the “saved” are gone, we doubters, atheists, apostates, and assorted heathens can lay claim to ALL of their stuff!

If you want all their flabby, naked bodies to grimly smile at you from above, you can have my share of Precious Moments figurines, and Bible-verse needlepoint pillows.

• Bruce388 says:

Good thought, but I’ll pass on the jet skis, various boats, fishing gear, hunting rifles, sports memorabilia, and Left Behind books/DVDs. Raiding freezers, beer fridges, and wine cellars might be an option.

7. If homosexuality is a choice in behavior, then heterosexuality is as well. Which means choosing opposite-sex marriage is also not a civil right.

Well-argued, moran.