‘We Don’t Serve Your Kind’ Laws: An Update

Boy exorcist and noted volcano scholar Bobby Jindal

Boy exorcist and noted volcano scholar Bobby Jindal

Potential 2016 Goat Rodeo contender from The Stupid Party, boy exorcist and noted volcano scholar Bobby Jindal will not be made a fool of by Corporations, Pinko Commies, and the ‘mos! He intends to sign the LA version of the notorious We Don’t Serve Your Kind law, full speed ahead!

In Indiana and Arkansas, large corporations recently joined left-wing activists to bully elected officials into backing away from strong protections for religious liberty,” Jindal continued. “It was disappointing to see conservative leaders so hastily retreat on legislation that would simply allow for an individual or business to claim a right to free exercise of religion in a court of law.”

Jindal counted on his fingers the number of big employers on his state and continued on.

Jindal went on to say that Hutchison and Pence “quickly cowered amid the shrieks of big business and the radical left should alarm us all.” Jindal went on to say that the business community needs to side with him and other supporters of similar legislation rather than stay on the side of liberal activists.

“If we, as conservatives, are to succeed in advancing the cause of freedom and free enterprise, the business community must stand shoulder to shoulder with those fighting for religious liberty,” Jindal said.

Thus proving Sinclair Lewis was onto something when he said that (paraphrasing) when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. And oddly, it will sound like Kenny-the-Page.

“The left-wing ideologues who oppose religious freedom are the same ones who seek to tax and regulate businesses out of existence. The same people who think that profit making is vulgar believe that religiosity is folly. The fight against this misguided, government-dictating ideology is one fight, not two. Conservative leaders cannot sit idly by and allow large corporations to rip our coalition in half.”

The one thing Louisiana has going for it is Tourism, mostly in gay-friendly New Orleans, and if the convention bidness were to dry up, literally overnight as it did in Indiana, I think Jindal might notice it. Mardi Gras would be quite different if the revels were only attended by a handful of Bible thumpers. But such are the wages of sin, and Jindal is determined to be the candidate of Y’all Qaeda.

One suspects that the leaders of the Chamber of Commerce are checking out the prices of ball peen hammers and working on their best Tanya Harding skills.

(TPM)

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo, Bobby Jindal, Boy Exorcist (Stupid Party—LA), We Don't Serve Your Kind. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to ‘We Don’t Serve Your Kind’ Laws: An Update

1. according to the Sinclair Lewis Society at Illinois State University, their most-asked question is:

Q: Did Sinclair Lewis say, “When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross”?

A: This quote sounds like something Sinclair Lewis might have said or written, but we’ve never been able to find this exact quote. Here are passages from two novels Lewis wrote that are similar to the quote attributed to him.

From It Can’t Happen Here: “But he saw too that in America the struggle was befogged by the fact that the worst Fascists were they who disowned the word ‘Fascism’ and preached enslavement to Capitalism under the style of Constitutional and Traditional Native American Liberty.”

From Gideon Planish: “I just wish people wouldn’t quote Lincoln or the Bible, or hang out the flag or the cross, to cover up something that belongs more to the bank-book and the three golden balls.”

There was also a play called Strangers in the late 1970s which had a similar quote, but no one, including one of Lewis’s biographers, Richard Lingeman, has ever been able to locate the quote.

2. purplehead says:

I wonder if Mr. Jindal went to, say, Kansas (or Missouri or Alabama), if all shopkeepers there would serve his “kind”? Speaking of having no self-awareness. Actually, it is kind of amazing he was elected in Looziana.

3. C Montgomery Burns says:

And with that, the last 3 business in Hooterville loaded up their donkey carts and walked into the swaps.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Jindal’s neither laissez faire nor laissez le bon temps rouler.

5. JerryC says:

once again time to break up the echo chamber.

Thesis:
    You’re not true liberals. You’re simple authoritarians, as guilty of shoving your beliefs down others’ throats as anyone you claim to disdain for same.

Real freedom defined by example:
    I refuse to make the gay couple a wedding cake.
    They make a big public noise about it, with all kinds of help from social media – but they never take me to the law.
    Then everyone else decides how they want to deal with it. Some despise me, deride me, refuse to use my service. Others admire my view, and bring their own wedding to me for a cake. Maybe I gain, maybe I lose. Maybe they protest outside my shop, legally organizing on the sidewalk. Maybe I’m so despised I have to close down.
    Whatever happens, everyone chose for themselves. The heavy hand of the state was never involved.

That is fair. That works. And you can’t STAND it! And why?

See Thesis above

• MDavis says:

Shorter JerryC – “Any true Scotsman, err, liberal, would agree with what I am saying here.”

Jerry C – I’m really lenient about comments. I like the idea of free and open discourse, and I liken the comment section to being a neighborhood bar.

However, I don’t think you come here to add any insight to the discussion, just to troll.

I’m fine with people disagreeing with me—its how I learn—but I’m not fine with people bullying the regulars at this joint.

I urge you to start your own blog, but you are not welcome here any longer. You can now pin that star to your shirt and tell everyone how the libs shut you down.

Regards,

Tengrain

• roket says:

Thank you. Arguing with someone so presumptuous is a complete waste of time.

He made some interesting points (at first), and I was surprised with a couple of his comments that I thought we could find common ground.

And then he started picking on the Scissorheads, “…and the rest is history,” Bill-O didn’t add.

Regards,

• Bruce388 says:

I wonder if your opinion would change if YOU were denied service for some bullshit reason. The question of businesses serving everyone was decided back in the 1960s.

6. MDavis says:

The idea these movements are based on, that a business can have a religion to freely exercise, makes my teeth hurt. If you want your business to have a religion to follow and express then don’t you want a church?

7. Pingback: News That Will Drive You To Drink | Mock Paper Scissors