The Morning Quote

“Liberals have no idea of how capitalism works. They have no idea why, when you go to Wal-Mart, products are cheap, how they get from one point to the other, and how they’re distributed in such a cheap fashion.”

–Senator Aqua Buddha

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Morning Quote

1. T_P_K says:

See? There are consequences to bogarting the bong.

2. No, dipshit, the problem is that we understand ALL TOO WELL how things get to Mall-Wart so cheaply, as well as the deleterious impacts to people and places that are caused by those processes, and want to bring them to a halt.

People like you simply don’t care, or else care more about the profits if staggeringly wealthy people and corporations.

Which, of course, makes people like you sociopaths. And THAT is the real problem.

3. Captbatguano says:

That’s funny, in the 20 years I’ve been running an honest remodel and cabinet making business I thought I was participating in capitalism. Oh wait, I guess that “honest” part of my business excludes me from being a real capitalist..

4. Steve-O says:

Pick me!!! I know!!!!
    You pay employees at all levels as cheaply as possible with knowledge that you can replace them with people looking for a job, make sure you make the products as cheaply as possible so you throw them away and buy new ones, and I think that is pretty much it.
    Oh yeah- Profit!!!!

5. Bruce388 says:

Wally World’s pay scale is so penurious its employees qualify for food stamps. The country as a whole subsidizes Wally. Wally’s heirs have a net worth exceeding that of the bottom 50% of the country. How’s that, Aqua? Did I do good?

Funny how Costco competes successfully in large part by treating its workforce fairly. Who knew that could work?

6. Pissed in NYC says:

Don’t forget the never letting employees get more than 35 hours, only buying shit from China and other countries where workers get paid a fraction of what they would/should here, having the rest of us supplement their employees living requirements with Medicaid and food stamps, etc. The Walton family is a boil of the ass of the U.S.

7. HarpoSnarx says:

Gee an economic lecture from a badly coiffed Bagger who doesn’t have a clue his kid has a, let’s say, “problem.”

8. A.J. says:

That’s funny. I thought Paul Krugman was a liberal?