“As God is my witness…”

“…I thought turkeys could fly.”

The Classic TV History Blog has the behind the scenes, back-story to what is probably the most famous Thanksgiving TV episode ever.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to “As God is my witness…”

1. motocat says:

The best Thanksgiving show ever. It’s still fresh all these years later.
    Besides, Andy looks great in his tight jeans.

2. moeman says:

My teenage years thank you Bailey Quarters.

3. Reamus says:

Thanks for the memory. I think Less Nessman could hold his own on the Sunday talk shows these days. The episode brings back a lot of memories of my VERY few years at WJOY in Burlington, VT. The guy that owned the station was crazier than Carlson.

4. another kiwi says:

Even down here in New Zealand that is a famous show and I remember seeing that episode for the first time and LMAO so much that my Mum asked me if I was OK.

5. That turkey scene was a classic up there with “Chuckles Bites the Dust.”

6. Bruce388 says:

Moeman’s right. Loni Anderson got all the attention, but Bailey (Jan Smithers) is a handsome woman.

Another holiday classic featuring a helicopter was the first “Married…. With Children” Christmas show. That one had Santa in the role of the turkeys and it’s one of the few episodes where things turned out well for the Bundy clan.

7. Mac from Oregon says:

Best. Thanksgiving. Episode. Ever.

8. watchdog says:

Actually, turkeys can fly. Well wild turkeys can glide pretty far and launch themselves through the air. Domestic turkeys, maybe not.

9. Pentimento says:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s