THE PENIS FILES, Political Satire, Mockumentary

I am SO DONE with right wing politicians and zealot religious groups inserting themselves into my lady parts. I AM the GENERAL OF MY WOMB, not them. When I was 21, I had an abortion. I stopped a process. Never, not once have I regretted my decision. Being a pro-choice/pro-life feminist, I always knew that if I got knocked up and it wasn’t on my terms, I would choose to terminate the process. Once I was in the situation, I needed a minute to figure things out and find my way, knowing all the while that nothing would change my mind. My point, this isn’t an easy decision. Whatever our reasons are for making it, I don’t think any of us enter into it lightly. Speaking for myself, I did it for all the right reasons. I wrote an essay about it here, Homesick Abortion (pro choice), if you want to read it. No pressure.

Among other things, when the Oversight Committee chaired by Issa convened on 2/16/12, which omitted women, my swelling desire to be a part of the conversation consumed me. Being a comedy writer/producer, I channeled all of that energy into my passion, to create a short film that put a new spin on the narrative chronicling the absurdity of the debacle unfolding before me.

As a result,  THE PENIS FILES, a political satire/mockumentary was born, a story that encapsulated women’s rights, LGBT rights and Obamacare. I had the privilege of working with many of my heroes in comedy. This is a short film, 16 minutes. Below, you’ll find the entire short and links to the two official trailers (30/45) seconds each. I hope that you will watch and share. I hope that for those of us who want to take action, do.

SYNOPSIS: Until “The Olson Penis” was created 10-years ago, historically men’s penises grew for procreation when a woman ovulated and retracted immediately. 200 years ago, men who were devoutly religious and in a married monogamous relationship experienced penile growth for procreation only. Conversely, women have always been born with vaginas and sexual freedom not governed by religion or politics. In February, a committee of women met to discuss “The Olson Penis” being covered by Obamacare.

Official Trailer #1Official Trailer #2.

Katie Schwartz

This entry was posted in activism, civil rights, Healthcare Reform, marriage equality and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to THE PENIS FILES, Political Satire, Mockumentary

1. Tengrain says:

This is great, good stuff Katie – thanks for sharing it with us. The shoe on the other foot change of perspective is a major WIN.

2. Axel grease says:

Great Katie! It still amazes me that all the “rules” for women are made by men. And so many women on the right are just wiling to accept it.

3. Katie Schwartz says:

Grainylish – that is an awesome compliment, thank you and thanks for letting me share it with our fellow scissorheads.

4. Katie Schwartz says:

Axel – I KNOW, it makes me crazy. Women who are voting for Romney and other right wingers like him are terrifying to me. How do you vote for someone who literally hates you so much that they want to control your body?!

Thanks so much for watching!

5. Pingback: THE PENIS FILES, Political Satire, Mockumentary - Mock, Paper ... | News 47News 47

6. Calming Influence says:

As the proud owner of a state-of-the-art lead-free CalmingInfluence® penis, I reject the notion of including the Olson penis in Obama’s socialist health care agenda. And I reject it because Fuck You I Got Mine.

7. Calming Influence says:

P.S. Brilliant work, and kudos to all the actors – hope this goes viral.

• Tengrain says:

Calming –

Welcome to MPS, it is good to have you with us.

Katie is quite a force of nature, and we think she will go far. And then we can say we knew her when…

Regards,

Tengrain

8. Katie Schwartz says:

Calming Influence – LOVED your comment about your penis and “Fuck You I Got Mine.” Beautifully said. LOVE IT.

Thanks so much for your kindness, feedback and good wishes.

9. Katie Schwartz says:

Grainy, Don’t talk soft. Kidding – I love MPS and I’m lucky to be a part of it. I appreciate everything you have and continue to do to ensure that people are educated about what’s really going on politically. Kudos and mad props.

K

10. grs says:

Ha! Johnathan Schmock was brilliant! How that guy kept a straight face is beyond me. Dr. Becky Thyre wins: “I myself have lost my concentration several times during this hearing because all I was thinking about was penis.” “…smelling the penises…”

11. Katie Schwartz says:

GRS – Agreed, Jonathan and Becky were brilliant! I loved what they said. keeping it together during production was so hard. Many times, we had to cut just to burst out in laughter. They’re comedic geniuses.

12. Calming Influence says:

“…LOVED your comment about your penis…” Oh jeeze, Katie, if I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard THAT… 😉

Really glad I found this place. Cheers!

13. That wasn’t just a brilliant take on a stupid debate, it was funnier than shit – amazing acting, writing and production!

Oh, and I have a complaint about the CalmingInfluence® penis, the effect isn’t adjustable, and at it’s current setting it puts my girlfriend to sleep.

14. Calming Influence says:

re TheCunningRunt: “…at it’s current setting it puts my girlfriend to sleep.” Many users (at both ends of the CalmingInfluence® penis) see that as a feature, not a bug.

Other complaints regarding the CalmingInfluence® penis shold be addressed to:

Frivolous Lawsuits
    c/o Koch Brothers Tort Reform Emporium
    Rockefeller Plaza,
    New York, NY 10019

Our Motto: “We’ll get back to ya on that.”

15. Katie Schwartz says:

Calming Influence, folding in the “The Koch Brothers” – My political heart is now you’re bitch

16. Katie Schwartz says:

Cunning Rant – Agreed – the acting was superb, amazing. Such an honor to work with those peeps. Thanks so much for watching and for your generous accolades

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s