Fried Chicken and Waffles, for Jeebus!

Famous former fattie Mike Huckabee is so riled up at The Muppets for abandoning notorious diabetes-causing chain fast-food restaurant Chick-Fil-A that he is calling for all Jeebus-loving homophobes to come out in support of Fried Chicken and Waffle sammiches in a fight against Bert sleeping with Ernie:

“I have been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick Fil-A company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the Biblical view of marriage should be upheld. The Cathy family, let by Chick Fil-A founder Truett Cathy, are a wonderful Christian family who are committed to operating the company with Biblical principles and whose story is the true American success story. Starting at age 46 Truett Cathy built Chick Fil-A into a $4 billion a year enterprise with over 1600 stores. At 91, he is still active in the company, but his son Dan runs it day to day as CEO.It’s a great American story that is being smeared by vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry from the left.

So got that? Vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry in the name of faith is okay. But saying you won’t support someone because of their anti-gay stance is bullying. Oooo-kay…

I ask you to join me in speaking out on Wednesday, August 1 “Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day.” No one is being asked to make signs, speeches, or openly demonstrate.

That’s good because most of your radio followers cannot write. But I’m only guessing.

The goal is simple: Let’s affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1.

“I’m Gomer, and I approve this unpaid advertisment from one of my sponsors.

Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we’re considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant.

Gomer, that is because your follower’s values are homophobic, fundamentalist, hate-mongering and intolerance. You are confusing cause and effect again.

This effort is not being launched by the Chick Fil-A company and no one from the company or family is involved in proposing or promoting it.

No, but you can sure bet that your radio ad salespeople will be shaking them down and reminding them of the free ad they got from you.

(Gomer’s Facebook page via Raw Story)

This entry was posted in Gomer, Homophobia, Wingnuttia, Xristian Xraxies. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Fried Chicken and Waffles, for Jeebus!

1. Ted says:

And Huckabee sees no difference between this and the Million Moms (all twenty-nine of them) boycotting JCPenny and anyone else that says that they have no problem with someone being gay.
    OOOOOHHHHHHH yeah… I forget all the time- hate speech in the name of faith is okay. But saying you won’t support someone because of their anti-gay stance is bullying. Yeah. Okay.

2. tommyspoon says:

Rest assured I’m not giving them any more of my money. But I am gonna miss those sammiches…

• Tengrain says:

Not only have I never had one of those sammies, I’ve never seen one of those stores. I’m guessing that the Xristian Xrazies who run the joint have purposely avoided the godless SF Bay Area.

Regards,

3. tommyspoon says:

Their basic chicken sandwich is quite good, actually. I’ve tried to replicate it without much success. They’re all over the South; I knew the owners were on the fundie religious side but I had no idea how much of their money went into hate campaigns. Haven’t eaten there in over a year.

4. PWL says:

“Bibliccal view of marriage” Well, wouldn’t that mean having like, 30 wives or so? Marrying up your brother’s wife if he kicks off? Sleeping with the nearest handmaiden if your wife can’t have kids? Brother Huckaby better watch what he’s asking for.

Besides, I ate at Chik-Fil-A. Once. The food was shitty. Don’t understand why it’s such a big deal in the South. Maybe that’s all I need to know about Southern taste…

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I heartily support bigots fighting back against the godless hedonists by consuming large amounts of sodium-packed fried foods. I think they should eat Chik-Fil-A all month to fight the ghey agenda.

It’s probably because you didn’t add MSG to the spice mix.

6. perdurabo says:

Haven’t eaten in a CF-A in years, and I avoid Whataburger(based originally in Corpus Christi, TX) as well for the same reasons. Now I find that my life-long love affair with Blue Bell Ice Cream must end, as they have shelled out 40k to weepy the orange’s PAC. Usually we Texans can weather these kinds of things, but I’m tellin y’all, it’s getting tougher…

7. axel grease says:

In and OUt Burger is also a bunch of fundies

8. M. Bouffant says:

Make your own recipe suggestions here.

The CFA closest to S.F. appears to be in Fairfield. Two in L.A. proper, one in the bowels of Hollywood, one at USC’s Avenue of Fast Food Dumps.

9. raceynora says:

One of my [auto racing] “friends” is a died-in the wool rethug and he said he would show up on August 1. Yeah, you keep pushing that hate – he’s living on Social Security, was thrilled when I told him about the COBRA subsidy after he got laid off and believes that “I paid for” the unemployment benefits he collected!