When Politics trumps Economics

President Carebear is said to have given up on stimulus, because, you know, socialism, deficits and triangulation.

So much for Change You Can Believe In. (Which as you know, I never did believe in him.)

So it seems we dirty leftist hippies will be right about the Invasion of Iraq and about our tanked economy. But he’ll get re-elected, and that’s what really counts. Jeebus, is it too early to start drinking or too late?

(Froomkin)

This entry was posted in Chimpy's Economic Disaster, The Kenyan Usurper, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to When Politics trumps Economics

1. Mike Rakita says:

Never too early to drink!

2. rehctaw says:

or too late!

What I keep coming back to is the near-complete lack of options other than bad ones. Corners like this are difficult to get out of without busting out some walls. In his seven-dimensional chess match it may amount to check-mate. No move he can make will result in altering the outcome. Unless he moves off the board, or something else changes the board.

3. Paul W. Luscher says:

Hey, when you elect the candidate of Wall Street, did you really except to get FDR?

4. tina says:

I’m gonna get a beer right now. I believed. I was fooled. What the hell is going to replace him – sarah, brisket, mittens, the guy with the wild horse contraception. What the hell is he thinking about – no std’s?

5. Some Techie says:

Fitted myself for a rope today. Should work since it’s long enough and the knots will hold my bodyweight. No job. Bills and taxes up the ass. F’n government. FU Boehner.

6. Capt. Bat Guano says:

Hey Techie, I want you to consider extroverted suicide. Take that rope down to Wall ST. and find one of those pricks that approximates your weight and neck size. You prolly already know the rest of my idea.

7. Some Techie says:

No. Not worth the effort.

8. aramis says:

I’ll not tolerate such a defeatist attitude… It’s NEVER too late (or too early) to start drinking! It’s amazing how you can get by without the necessities of life if you have a few of the little pleasures.

9. I dunno. When things turn, it could be a hard turn to the left. Honestly, did you think those protesters in Tunisia would manage to get Ben Ali out? Did you think Mubarak would be forced to step down? Shit, the Saudis are probably diapering themselves (when they aren’t in DC or London drinking and picking up hookers). What if the Wisconsin teachers light a fire under a lot of asses? Hell, the Wisconsin democratic legislators managed to find their ovaries/testicles. Just saying.

10. Meant to add: “they” want us to believe that there are no good options. One way to hurt the corporations? Don’t buy their shit. Yes, some is hard to avoid, but not all of it. For example, it’s pretty easy to kill cable. You can get lots of stuff on the internet and get a Netflix subscription and save yourself $100/month.