The Feast of Saint Ronnie

Feast-of-Saint-Ronnie

One hundred years ago today, Sweet Baby Jeebus appeared to President Howard Taft and said to him, Pull my finger. Out pooped little Ronnie Reagan, and the rest was history.

Today we gather to honor the memory, the legacy, the lunacy of Saint Ronnie, on the occasion of his 100th birthday. Throughout the day, I will update this post with links to your fond remembrances of the old cabbage. Send links to your posts on your blogs to: tengrain AT mockpaperscissors DOT com. I will post them here:

Come back and check often.

Please feel free to leave lengthy, pointless comments (as Ronnie would).

Regards,

Tengrain

This entry was posted in Feast of Saint Ronnie, People Dumber than Dolphins, Reagan. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to The Feast of Saint Ronnie

1. libhomo says:

When I think of Reagan, I think of all the people who died because of his AIDS policies, including people I knew.

2. SkinnyDennis says:

When cleaning up after a dump, I make one last swipe and say to myself, “That’s one for the Gipper!”

3. Bruce388 says:

Here’s a remembrance of Reagan returning to the town of his immaculate conception, courtesy of his biographer Edmund Morris (in today’s New York Times):

Or so I thought, until Mr. Nicely told me that Reagan had stopped by once, during his first presidential run, against Gerald Ford in 1976. Nancy Reagan loyally accompanied him, although a depressed village on the Illinois corn flats was not her kind of place. Somehow the town’s least desirable citizen managed to infiltrate the receiving line, and welcomed her to Tampico with open arms and a loud wet kiss. He was hustled off by outraged aides while she searched for a Kleenex, and that part of Illinois was declared terra non grata on her husband’s future itineraries.

4. Dusty says:

Keep the list fresh My Lord, I am doing the same at my hut. 😉

5. For some damn reason I can’t get your Email address to work, I figure you will find this eventually.

My thoughts about this auspicious occasion can be found here,

6. jurassicpork says:

libhomo: That’s because Reagan didn’t HAVE an AIDS policy. Save for mentioning it once in 1985, he never even acknowledged that AIDS even existed.

Tengrain, thanks for the linkie love.

7. ok – bets on when he ascension to GOP heaven is today – during half time? or when Rush farts as he is eating his 700th chicken wing

8. Pingback: Tweets that mention Mock, Paper, Scissors » Blog Archive » The Feast of Saint Ronnie -- Topsy.com

9. Bungy says:

Sent you an email, but just in case the rumors of the the CIA buggering your email are true, see my contribution to the feast at:

10. greendayman says:

Hi ‘Grain, great list! I put up a little something at http:/www.Salmonalley2009.blogspot.com. Also, I can’t source the image… just couldn’t find it, but it is the epitomy of the Reagan years.

Thanks for all you do.

greendayman

11. Tim Waters says:

Busted suggested I submit this. I hope you enjoy!

Welcome to MPS, Tim! It is good to have you with us. Rgds, Tengrain

12. MR Bill says:

Yeah, yeah, Stale, I mean Slate Magazine.
    This is Ronnie’s bio in cartoon form, and remarkable in its coverage of his near misses with indictment. The kickback scandal at the Screen Actors Guild is somehow never ever mentioned these days…

13. Count Typo says:

Here’s a little ditty that best sums up my thoughts on this great day. Sorry if some of the names mentioned are not well known outside Sunny Oz, but it’s the thought that counts.

14. aramis says:

Great posts by everyone. It’s nice to see the Gip remembered the way he should be… demented old bastard.

Thanks for the link ‘Grain. Love the picture!

15. TSawyer says:

His true title is Saint Ronald the Addled.

• Tengrain says:

Welcome to MPS, TSawyer, it is good to have you with us.

I’ve been reading and tweeting The Clothes Have No Emporer, which reallllllllllllllly makes the case he was an idiot before he was a befuddled idiot.

Regards,

Tengrain

16. From my own Blog!

Bette Davis on Ronald Reagan: “Jane Wyman divorced him because he was a bore.”

17. James M. Martin says:

While Ronnie was eating on Nancy’s new golden plates in the presidential dining room, Oliver North was in the basement running the Iran-Contra guns for hostages deal. If Ronnie could not remember a few dozen details during subsequent depositions, there can only be three possible reasons why. First, he actually did not know about North’s operation. This makes him out to be an inept moron. Second, he knew all about it and lied, which makes him a criminal and subject to impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors. Third, he had Alzheimers and really did not remember, in which case he should have resigned.

• Tengrain says:

James –

He was by all accounts a pretty dull-witted man. I tend to believe this explanation, personally. I go with lying next, and then Alzheimers.

But, for the record, besides being a real dunce, he also had very poor judgement of associates. I believe that his administration holds the record of the most people indicted and convicted in US history. They were a pack of jackels turned loose on a flock of sheep.

Tengrain