One hundred years ago today, Sweet Baby Jeebus appeared to President Howard Taft and said to him, Pull my finger. Out pooped little Ronnie Reagan, and the rest was history.
Today we gather to honor the memory, the legacy, the lunacy of Saint Ronnie, on the occasion of his 100th birthday. Throughout the day, I will update this post with links to your fond remembrances of the old cabbage. Send links to your posts on your blogs to: tengrain AT mockpaperscissors DOT com. I will post them here:
- Darkblack: Happy Birthday, Ronald Reagan
- Barkers & Rubes: Adoration of the Gipper
- It’s My Right to be Left of Center: Lawyers,Guns and Money:Iran Contra and the Teflon President.
- Distributorcap NYC: Easter in February
- Wonkette: One Hundred Years of Reagantube: Remembering Reagan In Dumb Videos
- Give Us This Day Our Daily Dread: 100 Years of Folksy Fascism
- Ornery Bastard: Ronald Regan’s 100th Birthday
- Just Another Blog From L.A.: An Important Birthday Today
- Bildunblog: Nation Celebrates 100th Birthday of ‘America’s Lifeguard’ (The horror, the horror!)
- Mad Mike’s America: Crying for Reagan-Operation Sippy Cup? Coffee Cup? (Hey! that’s my sippy cup Photoshop! I’m famous!)
- Strangely Blogged: The Potemkin President Turns 100
- Fried Green Al-Qaedas: Reagan Remembers Reagan
- Walled-in Pond: Reagan At 100: Here’s 20 Things You WON”T Hear Fuck-All About
- Bungy Notes: Evolution: Biological and Political
- Black Magpie Theory: February Events: Compare and Contrast
- Salmon Alley: Happy Birthday Ronald Rayguns
- Tim’s Scared Stiff: Carlin on Reagan (Classic)
- Mad Mike’s America: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?
- Zen Comix: Are the candles hotter in hell?
- Zen Comix: Bedtime for Bonzo Droog band
- Black Magpie Theory: Klexmur Crashes a Birthday Party
- Slate: Ronald Reagan: A Graphic Biography
- Vagabond Scholar: Reagan at 100
- alicublog: “PILONIDAL CYSTS” WAS ALREADY TAKEN.
- Critter’s Crap: Reagan — The Best The Republicans Have
- From the Left: Bette Davis on Saint Reagan
- Cognitive Dissident: The Party’s Over
Come back and check often.
Please feel free to leave lengthy, pointless comments (as Ronnie would).