Bad Ads, cont.

badvertising-84

“Women are soft and gentle, but they hit things.” Like whoever was the sexist pig f***er who wrote this ad? Bet he didn’t get layed for the rest of whatever year this was.

This entry was posted in Badvertising. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Bad Ads, cont.

1. I hope his “soft and gentle” woman “hit things” when she saw this bit of work.

2. SkinnyDennis says:

Reminds me, when I met the woman that would become my wife, she drove one of those. The license plate was LUV732. No shit.

3. abo gato says:

Hey, I learned to drive in a 68 Bug that was painted orange!

Never hit anything in it either.

4. It’s fucker, not f***er, you f**k, don’t make me hit you like a woman.

5. Bruce388 says:

Those cars were a lot of fun. You had to drive like hell to keep up with traffic, thereby releasing your inner Richard Petty. Saw a statement once that, if you put all the cars in the US end to end, somebody in a VW would try to pass them.

6. Dimitrios says:

I drove VW Beetles for the first twenty years — two of them.*

No car since has lasted more than four years.

*License Plate: GIGO

7. SkinnyDennis says:

Dimitrios
    Wow, I had a 1972 Hilux pickup from ’75 to ’95. And a ’95 Prelude for 295,000 miles. ’86 Taurus wagon from new for 10 years and 186k miles (that was outstanding for that car). That “LUV” bug we had was a ’68, as I recall, we sold it with about 75k on it. It took 2 months for the next owner to scatter the engine. You had to stay on top of them.

8. I know the guy who wrote this ad. He was actually referring to his wife, who had hit him the night before with an iron skillet.

9. Mountjoy says:

The good news is your wife can “bump off the bumper”.

I saw that in a movie once. Except she was banging on the hood…

10. Count Typo says:

Nice to see some publicity about the things Hitler did, without the Obama reference for a change.