We honor all that is appalling in American Politics with the First Semi-Regular Macaca Awards.
For more on the Macaca Awards, see our announcement.
Tonight’s Category for the much-coveted Macaca Award is one that is near and dear to every Scissorhead’s heart: Outstanding Achievement in Promoting Propaganda Thinly Veiled as Journalism. We here at Mock, Paper, Scissors take a strong interest in how the Villagers
speak lie to us.
We have a fine assortment of contenders yet again:
- Michelle Malkkkin – a writer and pundit so crooked, she needs a cork screw to put on her shoes.
- Glenn Beck – in the greater scheme of things, he is a Snake-Oil Salesman’s Dim-Witted Assistant.
- Megyn Kelly – WC Fields once said that he always carries some booze in case of snake bite, and then added he always carries a small snake. Kelly would fit the role perfectly.
- Bill O – Do we even have to say falafel? Journalism needs Bill the way that a fish needs a second bicycle.
- Peggy Noonan – We’re not saying that it takes a Thousand Points of Light to figure out that when it was Morning in America, Noonan was hung-over.
- Sean Hannity – Hannity, after he ditched his vestigial side kick, Coombs has broken new ground in cheerleading everything retrograde, including Waterboarding. Certain masturbation experts claim Hannity is in her back pocket (ew, gross), and this is immanently true.
- Rupert Murdoch – Without a doubt, the big Kahuna of dishonest journalism, advocacy journalism, or at any rate, the race to the bottom journalism.
Fellow members of the Academy, get thee hence to the polls to vote on Outstanding Achievement in Promoting Propaganda Thinly Veiled as Journalism.
And remember, there will be new categories each night through the election!
As always, my unindicted coconspirator, the inestimable Nonnie from Hysterical Raisins has the full-sized poster at her place. Please be sure to go there and pay your respects.