We honor all that is appalling in American Politics with the First Semi-Regular Macaca Awards.
For more on the Macaca Awards, see our announcement.
Tonight’s category, Race Relations, really gets to the heart of the Macaca, it speaks to the essence of what George Allen had in mind lo those many years ago when he called a kid of Indian extraction a Macaca.
So tonight, we look to see who is setting the George Allen example and we have a rich field of competitors:
- Sharron Angle, “You don’t look Mexican to me”
- Dr. Laura for her pioneering use of the N-word on radio
- Andrew Breitbart for inventing reverse-racism
- Tom Tancredo, well, for everything
- Rand “Repeal the Civil Rights Act” Paul
- Glenn Beck for spotting Obama’s deep-seated hatred of white people
- Mark William of Teaparty Express Fame
- Haley Barbour, the finest defender of Confederate History Month we have ever had
So tonight, fellow members of the Academy, you get to vote on Outstanding Achievement in Race Baiting.
And remember, there will be new categories each night through the election!
As always, please go to Hysterical Raisins to see a full-sized version of the Poster. Nonnie is amazing. Simply Amazing.