The George Allen Award for Racial Sensitivity goes to…

Georg_Allen_Award.jpg

It’s always Virginia (when it is not South Carolina, that is):

Republican House candidate Scott Rigell of Virginia has called for local party chair David Bartholomew to step down immediately after allegedly sending a racist joke over e-mail. Dated March 15, the e-mail that looks to be from Bartholomew’s account comes with the subject line of “my dog.” It’s not funny:

MY DOG

I went down this morning to sign up my Dog for welfare.

At first the lady said, “Dogs are not eligible to draw welfare”.

So I explained to her that my Dog is black, unemployed, lazy, can’t speak
English and has no frigging clue who his Daddy is.

So she looked in her policy book to see what it takes to qualify…

My Dog gets his first check Friday.

Is this is a great country or what?

(via Rachel Maddow’s blog)

This entry was posted in Wingnuttia, Xristian Xraxies. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to The George Allen Award for Racial Sensitivity goes to…

1. raceynora says:

Truly frigging hilarious! My very Republican “friend” [we both love auto racing] has been proudly collecting UI benefits for over a year and was delighted with the COBRA subsidy to help pay for medical insurance.

2. nonnie9999 says:

i think, instead of a rethuglican national convention, they should have the macaca awards. there will never be a lack of nominees.

• Tengrain says:

Nonnie –

I think you might be onto something. Perhaps we should consult on it?

Regards,

Tengrain AT mockpaperscissors DOT com – have your people contact my people.

3. Bruce388 says:

I’m sure he apologizes to “anyone who was offended.”

And you KNOW a line’s been crossed when another Repug calls for his resignation.

4. nonnie9999 says:

i would love it, tg. you have my email addy. 🙂

5. Lsamsa says:

Yeah sure…this is obviously a ‘great country’…seeing as you can send out incredibly racist & offensive emails, while holding any form of political office.
    Also great, considering you’ll probably be able to keep on going, after giving some anemic ‘apology’.

6. tommyspoon says:

It’s incidents like these that make me thankful for the First Amendment.

Seriously! Makes it much easier to spot the bigots. They do such a great job of shining a light on themselves… 😉

7. And the winner of the Macaca awards should be dropped into the Bronx at night. With his (or her) hands tied behind his back and with a $1,000 bill taped to his forehead. Hilarity ensues.

8. @ Tommyspoon–exactly. I think letting them be heard is no shame, only an opportunity for the hearers to do the right thing.

9. Dimitios says:

No wonder Bartholomew was told to resign.

It is a cardinal sin, right before an election, to allow the people you’re trying to convince to vote for you to see just how much you despise them.

10. raceynora says:

Rachel did an excellent segment on the dozens of “macaca moments” so far this campaign season.

11. raceynora says:

Clip of Rachel’s report

Tex was here!

12. Paul W. Luscher says:

Hmmm… is an improperly developed cortical brain area a widespread characteristic of your Southern Republican type…?