Let me get this pledge thing right…

The GOP says in their Pledge to America

Jobs:

– Stop job-killing tax hikes

– Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income

– Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit

– Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.

Cutting Spending:

– Repeal and Replace health care

– Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)

– Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward

– Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Reforming Congress:

– Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority

– Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote

Defense:

– Provide resources to troops

– Fund missile defense

– Enforce sanctions in Iran

…and I read increase the deficit by trillions of dollars, take healthcare away from millions of people, and cripple the economy by decimating any chance of demand that might get businesses hiring again, and oh! let’s start another war.

Am I missing anything?

This entry was posted in snark, Weepy, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Let me get this pledge thing right…

1. We must kill our enemies before they kill us. It’s in the constitution, duh.

2. clangcave says:

Yeah, I think you missed the reinstatement of slavery thingy

3. Dimitios says:

Is that an election platform?

I thought it was the Grinch’s Christmas list to Santa Claus.

4. Paul W. Luscher says:

Look the Corporate Masters, the Gun Lobby, and the Military will be happy. Those are the only three branches of government that count.

5. tina says:

I think this is going to turn our economy around and make us safer. That they will “provide resources to troops.” We do not need specificity of detail on that; the troops will be resourced to the hilt.

6. C Montgomery Burns says:

Oh the Pledge to America. We’ll son it’s in aisle 3, bottom shelf.

Between the manure and bug spray where it blongs. Ya can’t miss it.

It’s been stinking up the place since the left.

Without buying anything I might add.

And, I think I saw that little one with the glasses pocket at pack of triple A batteries.

7. vilstef says:

I needed hipboots and an aqualung before I was half through that list.

Are the poor going to be allowed to sing spirituals for Massa?

What a bunch of Wall Street Whores!