The GOP says in their Pledge to America…
– Stop job-killing tax hikes
– Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income
– Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit
– Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.
– Repeal and Replace health care
– Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)
– Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward
– Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
– Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority
– Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote
– Provide resources to troops
– Fund missile defense
– Enforce sanctions in Iran
…and I read increase the deficit by trillions of dollars, take healthcare away from millions of people, and cripple the economy by decimating any chance of demand that might get businesses hiring again, and oh! let’s start another war.
Am I missing anything?