Feel the Love Tour Continues!

Some of you wonder (I know it!) why I continue to pick on crazy old cat-lady, Phyllis Schlafly. I think you now get it. Between the blacks (not said with irony, either) and unwed women kicking their husbands out (what?) and welfare sponges, Crazy Phyllis is not taking the back seat to any old Teabagger.

(Full disclosure: in the Reagan-era ’80s, Schlafly showed up at my mother’s house to address the DAR meeting she was hosting. My sister, Eightgrain, stood up in the middle of the speech, flipped off Schlafly and walked out of the meeting, along with the younger half of the chapter, never to attend again. This story always stayed with me.)

(Michigan Liberal via Watertiger)

This entry was posted in Reagan, sexism, Wingnuttia, Xristian Xraxies and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Feel the Love Tour Continues!

1. libhomo says:

That woman is so extreme she even hates her own son for being gay.

2. Wilfredo says:

Wasn’t she the one who always kept her daughter away in some boarding school, while she went around getting into every family’s business?

3. tommyspoon says:

Guess I’ll have to remove her from the “Thought They Were Dead” file…

• Tengrain says:

‘Spoon, why?

Wilfredo – that sounds about right. As Libhomo pointed out, she shunned her gay son. I read someplace that he now works for her at the Heritage Foundation. I suppose I could look it up.

UPDATE: I don’t know if John Schafly actually works at Heritage, but he does work at her Eagle Forum. The other son, Andrew, is the founder of the hysterically reactionary Conservapedia (the wingnuts response to Wikipedia), which amongst many things at one point had flat earth positions, humans riding dinosaurs, etc., as stated fact. Andrew does not acknowledge that his brother is gay, and has locked his Conservapedia page from being updated.

4. tommyspoon says:

Hey now. I refuse to “create my own reality” like her shifty son, Andrew. The audio evidence clearly demonstrates her respiratory activity. So, she’s still alive.

Unless she’s some sort of cyborg sent from the future, that is.

5. Bruce388 says:

The body might be alive, but brain death occurred years ago.

6. Wilfredo says:

I remember her as being one of the loudest voices during the Reagan reign.

7. Did you ever think that The Flipping is perhaps why she remains angry to this very day? Fucking hippies.

8. moeman says:

Is TG MamanGrain’s tenth?

9. Reamus says:

She is a witch so could be dead, never sure about them.

You mean they have refuted the Flat Earth Theory…naw, can’t be!

10. Paul W. Luscher says:

Isn’t this the crazy “God loves our nukes” lady from the Age of Reagan? Guess it’s time for the Rubber Room in her case, isn’t it?

11. eddy says:

she does my hometown proud (cringe)

• Tengrain says:

Eddy – Welcome to MPS, it is good to have you with us.

I can only imagine when you have out of town guests that you must drive past her nunnery or something, as one of the local sites.

Regards,

Tengrain

12. Road to Escondido says:

For nearly eight years I edited Phyllis Schlafly for a now-defunct syndicate and its tottering-on-the-edge successor. Teh crazy that comes out of her IBM Selectric and is transcribed by her flying monkey-Eagle Forum staff used to make me wonder:

How could an anti-feminist, anti-intellectual, fascist, Luddite St. Louis racist survive the contradiction of being a Harvard lawyer?

What she is is an octegenarian loudspeaker in the right-wing echo chamber. Her witch’s spawn are the likes of Michelle Malkin and Anne Coulter. They wait in darkened corners to tear the crystal skull, bubbling cauldron and flying broom from Phyllis’ dying hands. On her tombstone, if Mother Earth doesn’t belch her monument to intolerance into the Mississipi River, will be proudly written in Phyllis’ harpy-like scrawl, “Here Lies Phylliss Schlafly, Who Proudly Killed the Equal Rights Amendment, and Would Have Done the Same for NEA.”

• Tengrain says:

Roadie – you have no idea my condolances for you. None. I’ve tried reading her drivel, it is appalling.

Maybe you should consider it a down-payment on your Karma for the next lifetime?

Regards,

Tengrain

13. Ten: I have a friend who many years ago dated one of Phyllis’ nieces. She said that in the family she was known as “crazy Aunt Phyllis.”

14. s. douglas says:

her nephew makes a nice brew.

15. Suzan says:

Ten,

I thought the theory was that they couldn’t die (as they had never actually lived).

I had to listen to her evil drivel several times in the 60’s/70’s as a part of various panels on the Equal Rights Amendment, and each time I had to take a very hot shower afterwards to remove the slime.

I remember her arriving and leaving alone every time. She had no close friends, but plenty of funding.

You should write something about that (and her husband – who was a treat!). Now there’s a conspiracy essay.

S

16. Jezebel says:

Since the word ‘witch’ is being thrown around in this comment thread, I’d like to point out that most actual witches/Wiccans/pagans would want nothing to do with someone like Schlafly, being that they believe in a Goddess and have rules against doing harm to other people and fun stuff like that.

17. Bing says:

Tommyspoon: …and put her in the “why won’t they die?” file.

18. scott says:

Is there anything more pathetic than an elderly person still clinging to this kind of hateful close minded thinking?Congrats Phyllis,you’ve made it right to the sunset of life having never once learned a single thing about being a decent open minded human being,and now you will carry that bigotry and ignorance straight into the grave.

• Tengrain says:

Welcome to MPS, Scott, it is good to have you with us.

I’ve said it before: shallow graves for shallow people. I’m guessing she’s gonna be about 2 inches under.

Regards,

Tengrain

19. Empirecookie says:

Hey don’t insult crazy cat ladies by comparing them to this evil old hag. 🙂