Holy crap

On Sunday night, Dr. David McKalip forwarded to fellow members of a Google listserv affiliated with the Tea Party movement the image below. Above it, he wrote: “Funny stuff.”

TPM Muckraker

Conservative Activist Forwards Racist Pic Showing Obama As Witch Doctor. Does anyone think that the Tea Parties, the Birthers, etc., are not about racism?

This entry was posted in snark, The Kenyan Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Holy crap

1. Sue J says:

Yikes! Talk about your PhotoShop Disasters!

• Tengrain says:

Admittedly, my sense of humor is not mainstream, but this is really in bad taste. I debated over showing it, but then decided it is worth feeling uncomfortable if it makes us realize the levels of hatred and animosity that the GOP feels right now. This is really scarey stuff.

T.G.

2. willis says:

Good post, wrestled with the same thoughts so now I’ll just link it here!

3. raceynora says:

Disgusting. Someone nailed the birthers argument: He is not a [white] American.

4. It’s incredibly clear to me that the birther phenomenon comes from a deep seated feeling that some people have that Obama’s “not really one of us” combined with a lack of honesty and integrity as to what that feeling’s based on.

• Tengrain says:

Hi YogaforCynics – welcome to Mock, Paper, Scissors. It is good to have you with us.

It is shocking, isn’t it? It all goes back (to me, anyway) to that moment with Senator Macaca pointed to the Indian-American and told him about “real America.” I learned then that is code for white America.

I’m slow to catch the bus,

Regards,

Tengrain

5. Yeah, but when you get on the bus, you commandeer the wheel and drive Real America® over the cliff with your inclusive socialism, California Man.

6. American Medical Association says:

Delegates to the American Medical Association are selected through their individual state and specialty societies, and their individual views and actions do not, in any way, represent the official view of the AMA. We condemn any actions or comments that are racist, discriminatory or unprofessional.

-American Medical Association

7. moeman says:

Kudos for posting the image TG.

Also, lots of sick fucks out there in WingnuttiaLand.

8. Pingback: David McKalip, Anti-Health Care Reform Doctor, Sends Racist Pictures Of Barack Obama

9. darkblack says:

Hmmm.

The color’s off. Evidently the sinister influence of Photochopping has come up short of the mark for some aficionados.

;>)

10. Carolyn Kay says:

Yes, I believe it’s not “about” racism, though it appeals to racism, because that’s how the right wing marshals the troops.

It’s a carefully calibrated attack, in the same way that the Whitewater attacks wouldn’t go away and wouldn’t go away and wouldn’t go away until they became a goddam federal investigation that cost us taxpayers $70 fucking million dollars without revealing any wrongdoing by the Clintons but managed to catch Bill in a lie while investigating his sex life, which is so obviously related to the Whitewater financial transaction. And that plus other relentless attacks on Democrats is what gave us eight years of George W. Bush.

They use the tools at hand. Relentlessly.

We’ve got to get the Democrats to figure that out, and to be more effective in fighting it. Crying “It’s racism! It’s racism! It’s racism!” is a nonstarter. They DON’T CARE if you call them racists. In fact, they like it because it helps bolster support from the racists.

Carolyn Kay
    MakeThemAccountable.com

11. Tengrain says:

Carolyn –

You are absolutely correct.

Regards,

Tengrain

12. Lockwood says:

I’m just catching up with some of my reading. So I’m late to this particular party, but I would like to weigh in with a carefully considered comment on this… ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!????? You know, it would be awfully easy for me to photoshop Caribou Barbie naked on her knees, demonstrating to reporters how she won her beauty competitions, her Alaska elections and VP nomination, as well as what she now wishes she’d carefully schooled Bristol in, as a way to win friends, influence people and avoid pregnancy. But I haven’t. I think it would be crude, offensive, and serve no ends. It would make me feel slimy. I find the above no less crude, offensive, and pointless. My example would have nothing to do with political views or humor; it would be convey humiliation, personal titillation and power- metaphorical rape. That’s exactly what the above does and is; to write “funny stuff,” above it… well, that is one sick motherfucker there.

• Tengrain says:

Lockwood –

It is, to date, the single most offensive image I’ve seen the GOP use yet. I just cannot get over the complete lack of common sense or good taste. They can claim that there abject hatred of Obama has nothing to do with race, but I defy them to say that race is not a component.

Regards,

Tengrain

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s